Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deleting accts on services that don't respect your privacy

I'm *this* close to deleting my Discord account. Discord has an unknown but probably high level partnership with Tencent. Unfortunately Discord is essentially my only point of contact with many friends at this point since I've deleted my Facebook account.

I'm actively working on getting rid of my reliance of Microsoft services such as OneDrive. I used to be deeply ingrained in the M$ ecosystem, having owned a Surface and a Windows Phone. Unfortunately running a Nextcloud isn't feasible for me. I don't trust myself to be able to keep it secure and to keep backups. Any advice would be appreciated!

I also want to delete my Google account, but that will severely hamper the usability of Android on my phone. At some point I'd like to try running Lineage OS in place of Android though.

Have any of you struggled with doing this, or have successfully taken the leap to rid yourselves of daily reliance on these companies?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee

Messages In This Thread
Deleting accts on services that don't respect your privacy - by Thomas - January 15th, 2021 at 3:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respect must be earned Darth-Apple 3 4,860 June 14th, 2018 at 2:31 AM
Last Post: VSS