Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85

Shocked 
Dave Prowse, the Bristolian former bodybuilder best known for playing Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy, has died aged 85.

Prowse was cast as Vader for his imposing physique, even though the role was voiced by James Earl Jones.

But the weightlifter-turned-actor was most proud of playing the Green Cross Code Man. The role, promoting road safety in the UK, earned him an MBE.

"May the force be with him, always!" said his agent Thomas Bowington.

"Though famous for playing many monsters - for myself, and all who knew Dave and worked with him, he was a hero in our lives."

Dave Prowse
image captionProwse, a personal trainer, and his brother were responsible for starting some of the first gyms in England
Mr Bowington called the actor's death, after a short illness, "a truly and deeply heart-wrenching loss for us and millions of fans all over the world".

Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars movies, said he was "so sad" to hear the news.

R.I.P 

When I was in the cinema with my father as a child and Dath Vader saw it for the first time, I was completely AFRAID.

Yes folks, that was an event earlier, CINEMA ... it was a long time ago

Tc4me

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Messages In This Thread
Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85 - by tc4me - November 29th, 2020 at 10:25 AM
RE: Dave Prowse: Darth Vader actor dies aged 85 - by Guardian - November 29th, 2020 at 12:59 PM