Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Database Backups

I'm posting this on here in the hope that someone can help.

I've got a fairly big project with a lot of info that I need to ensure doesn't disappear in the event of a server failure. Currently running a VPS that has all of the application files as well as the database and everything's been running smoothly. We're using an external S3-like service for the hosting of files which has been great and is very cheap to run, and the application itself is all on GitHub so don't have to really worry about losing the files.

However, I'm becoming increasingly more paranoid about the database in case anything happens as it's getting quite large quite quick. Does anyone have any experience using any backup services? I've got a basic rclone of a backup directory at the moment which is doing the job but I don't really trust myself (I'm not the most knowledgeable about command-line things and I'm getting a bit out of my depth).

I've had previous hosting providers that have used JetBackup for cPanel backups and I've had a look today and they offer a Linux standalone version which might be useful for us (it's only around $6/month) but has anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks!
WebDevZone - A new, friendly web development community

Messages In This Thread
Database Backups - by campingrhino - June 1st, 2020 at 7:51 PM
RE: Database Backups - by Darth-Apple - June 1st, 2020 at 9:14 PM
RE: Database Backups - by campingrhino - June 1st, 2020 at 9:51 PM
RE: Database Backups - by Darth-Apple - June 1st, 2020 at 10:05 PM
RE: Database Backups - by tc4me - June 2nd, 2020 at 9:25 AM
RE: Database Backups - by campingrhino - June 2nd, 2020 at 2:08 PM