Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[BETA] Color Picker

READ THE BETA ANNOUNCEMENT POST HERE:

(May 8th, 2020 at 1:42 AM)Lain Wrote: Hey folks, back again with a brand-new special-edition limited-time-only update.

The Colour Picker has officially entered its BETA stages.

I've fixed most of the issues from the Alpha version including-but-not-limited-to:
  • UserCP styling
  • Post-views
  • Anything on the index pages that wasn't quite up to my personal standards.
While I was at it, I decided to rewrite a generous portion of the code so that porting over to the light-theme would be relatively hiccup-free. I'll need to do some more testing on the light theme before I can fully port it over, but that'll probably happen within the next few days at best.

But not only does this release include bugfixes and slight mods to make it work globally across the site.
This release also includes a new feature!

ALL THE GREEN LINKS FROM THE STANDARD DARK THEME ALSO CHANGE COLOURS RELATIVE TO YOUR SELECTED ACCENT COLOR!

But no, they don't just change to the same colour. They're offset slightly to add a bit of variance to the site.

Some colours work better than others, and ideally once we finally hit the full release, I'll probably be adding an option to set the link colours separately from the typical accent/header colours. Right now it's a fixed value, offset from the colour you select, so if you choose a green accent like I generally think looks nice, the links unfortunately take on a weird cream-coloured yellow. But for colours like blue, pink/purple, red, orange, it seems to work just about as well as I was hoping.

Here's a couple screenshots of index pages:
https://i.imgur.com/eCqqjMZ.png (Green)
https://i.imgur.com/iyOKNuC.png (Pink/Purple)
https://i.imgur.com/cVDprIP.png (Blue)
Not gonna embed them because they're all full size and I don't want to break formatting too much.

So give it a shot.
Play around with it, and if you find something that should be themed but isn't themed properly, then please let me know so I can push a fix ASAP.
I may really need all your help with this one because of the change I mentioned that'll help me port stuff over. If no bugs are found, I'll end up deleting a pretty big chunk of code which will improve performance. Right now, the theme runs on the newer portable code, so I need to know if it's breaking anything.

I'm also open for more suggestions. I've got time to implement new theming options if needed, only taking two classes this semester.

Cheers.

Hey folks.

While Darth is away I'm assuming totalitarian control of the site and will make you all bow down to me. When he returns, you'll all love me so much that together we can all overthrow him as the dictator of Makestation.

And as my first course of action to make you all love me, I'm releasing a NEW FEATURE as an alpha release!
In other words, it's still in active development and may have some kinks. Some parts of the site won't be modified when they should be. I'll be working them out in the next couple weeks, and as much as I'd like to just run a script on the database to update every instance of the class I need to change, I'd also rather not accidentally break half the site by doing that, and also not f*** up any themes that aren't this one.

So here it is, a new feature to the already-existing dark theme:
The Colour Picker.
Note: Canadian Spelling, or the correct spelling if you will.
[Image: 2UNXqbv.png]
[Image: 7zw6i6R.png]

[Image: sJwYBP4.png]

[Image: zvIHKd6.png]

[Image: 3GXrIFo.png]

You get the idea.

If you want to give it a spin, head down to the theme selector at the bottom of the page and select "MS Dark Color Picker [ALPHA]"
[Image: bEZyuv2.png]

You're free to mention bug reports here, since I am working on it still. But it gives you a good idea of what the final result will be.
I'm also taking suggestions. I'm not sure what to do with links and such yet. As much as I'd like them to follow the accents as well, I want to have 'some' variance within the theme as well, else it'll just be bland.

So far,
  • New post pages aren't perfect
  • UserCP has not been worked on.
  • Misc pages are probably also unstyled.
  • 'Hidden' pages like the RSS generator, shoutbox archive, etc. are probably also unthemed.
When all the kinks are worked out, I'll be porting it over to the light theme, so fear not, light-theme users. You guys get the full working product and don't need to worry about inconsistencies.

So give it a whirl and drop some feedback.

Cheers.
~Lain

Messages In This Thread
[BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 1st, 2020 at 9:33 PM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by Darth-Apple - May 1st, 2020 at 9:53 PM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by s3_gunzel - May 1st, 2020 at 10:02 PM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by tc4me - May 2nd, 2020 at 6:16 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by SpookyZalost - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:44 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:56 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by SpookyZalost - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:59 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 3rd, 2020 at 2:15 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by SpookyZalost - May 3rd, 2020 at 3:22 AM
RE: [ALPHA] Color Picker - by tc4me - May 3rd, 2020 at 5:44 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 8th, 2020 at 1:42 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by tc4me - May 8th, 2020 at 4:16 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 8th, 2020 at 4:23 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by tc4me - May 8th, 2020 at 4:32 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 8th, 2020 at 7:17 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Guardian - May 8th, 2020 at 12:49 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Darth-Apple - May 9th, 2020 at 4:50 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - May 15th, 2020 at 1:16 AM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by tc4me - May 16th, 2020 at 6:01 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - August 2nd, 2020 at 4:40 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Thomas - August 2nd, 2020 at 5:27 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Lain - August 2nd, 2020 at 8:34 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Darth-Apple - August 2nd, 2020 at 8:41 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Kim Winchester - August 2nd, 2020 at 9:57 PM
RE: [BETA] Color Picker - by Kyng - August 4th, 2020 at 7:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone want to beta test Makestation's new theme? Darth-Apple 9 21,111 October 9th, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple