Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ultimate Joystick Interface

So I thought I'd post a thread about this because hey, it's nifty and pretty useful.
[Image: MVIMG_20190719_183334.jpg]

what you see here is the UJI or Ultimate Joystick interface.

It's a programmable logic controller that's specifically designed to take analog and digital inputs (which you set via resistors)>
up to 10 of them, and convert them into a generic joystick which works via USB.

originally designed to convert old hardware to new standards this wonderful little device can actually be used to design your own interface setups for stuff like custom flight cockpits, DIY joysticks, and other wonderful things, on the cheap no less.

you can get it here: https://backofficeshow.com/shop/ultimate...-interface

now while I haven't messed with one of these personally I've done similar work using Arduinos, raspberry pi's, and other hardware and can confirm that yeah this is a pretty great little device, just wish it had more inputs but what makes this one really special is that it's designed to reduce input lag by running at 40hz and responding faster than you can.

honestly I'm thinking about picking a few up to see how they work for some custom control interface panel upgrades.

just remember, the chip is write once so once you get it setup it's meant to stay, and you'll have to save a config file but once you do that you're good to go.

confirmed to work with most software that supports generic joystick inputs like elite dangerous, various racing games, emulators, etc.

hats off to those brilliant madmen across the pond, they once again lead the charge in making DIY more accessible.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 1st, 2020 at 6:25 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 4:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 4:33 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:04 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 2:57 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:48 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 13th, 2020 at 2:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 13th, 2020 at 3:11 AM