Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any surfers here?

I bought my surfboard and my wetsuit a little while ago, and finally took it out this afternoon, with a buddy of mine. Mind you, yes I'm on the east coast in NC, but it's February, and the water is about 50 degrees. The wetsuit keeps you warm, or at least it's supposed to. I ordered a very cheap one off of some website, and it looks great, but trust me, it's definitely not the best wetsuit in the world. A lot of cold water got in and I had quite a bit of trouble staying warm. 

Got fairly comfortable hanging on to a board in the water, was out for about an hour and a half, and then I got too cold to continue on. My hands were dark purple and I was shivering profusely. I had lost most of my coordination and had some trouble swimming to shore. Looks like I'm either getting a better wetsuit, or waiting until March when the water warms up a little more. Or maybe just not staying in the water for an hour and a half, I think my body can stay warm for at least 30 minutes... :Finna

Anyone else here Surf or have any tips? I live in a beach town, it's kinda a rite of passage around here, but this is much harder than it looks. Considerably so as well. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Any surfers here? - by Darth-Apple - February 16th, 2019 at 4:28 AM
RE: Any surfers here? - by SpookyZalost - February 16th, 2019 at 6:48 PM
RE: Any surfers here? - by Altair - February 28th, 2019 at 9:15 AM