Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Microsoft Managed Desktop, is M$ trying to control your PC?

so I've been following this for a while but it was announced recently that the big ole M$ would be introducing something called the "managed Desktop" to it's "enterprise" customers.  it's exactly what you think, you pay a monthly fee to access windows update and driver updates, apparently managed by Microsoft staff and they make sure your computer still works.  now having worked in an enterprise environment I could see where this might be a good thing, gods know it's a pain to get employees to stay up to date if you don't force it on them, usually at inopportune times but my question is, will they be releasing this to consumers?

unfortunately the magic eight ball says maybe.

[Image: ngbbs46117ffce2349.gif]

see this is exactly what the big fear was that microsoft might be moving towards when they released windows 10 the way they did.  First get the consumers to all switch to one single operating system (windows 10), then feed them updates and security patches to keep them content until you can hold security flaws over them with a simple "that's a nice system you got there, shame if it were to be hacked."  it's not 100% certain this will be forced on regular PC users but microsoft hasn't been shy in it's continuing trend of anti-consumer practices as it focuses on enterprise and business over the layman.

so what are your guy's thoughts on this?
anyone have any more insight into their machinations
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft Managed Desktop, is M$ trying to control your PC? - by SpookyZalost - August 7th, 2018 at 5:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your desktop! Darth-Apple 141 127,664 December 14th, 2022 at 6:29 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Show us your "desktop" [mobile edition!] Darth-Apple 14 15,379 February 22nd, 2019 at 9:45 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost