Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Car "Issues"

This is mainly for Darth-Apple but I'll leave it open for discussion as well... I'm also not much of a car guy so I'm not really sure how all this works.

Ever since I bought my 2012 Kia Rio 5 the thing has had minor issues with a slight engine rattle and losing power in low RPM ranges, but I learned to live with it and it was never bothersome. However, over the past few months or so the problem has been steadily getting worse, now it has reached the point of an incessant and loud spark knocking on acceleration and under load. My mileage has also seemed to drop significantly.

After doing some reading around I found out that many others also have the same problems, and after taking it to the dealer have been told there is no issue. Some people have said that using premium gas has helped (but I really couldn't be bothered to spend the extra money). I'm beginning to think it's just a problem I'll have to live with as it seems that these particular engines do this a lot (even though there's nothing mechanically wrong with them). 

Either way, I just wanted to get a little bit of input and maybe advice/suggestions. Given this and other experiences with this car I've already decided not to bother with another Kia anytime soon Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]

Messages In This Thread
Car "Issues" - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - April 13th, 2018 at 5:20 AM
RE: Car "Issues" - by Darth-Apple - April 14th, 2018 at 2:31 AM
RE: Car "Issues" - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - April 14th, 2018 at 6:10 AM
RE: Car "Issues" - by Thomas - April 16th, 2018 at 5:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volkswagen Electrical Issues Darth-Apple 7 3,872 February 22nd, 2021 at 9:09 PM
Last Post: tc4me