Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

************* Day 300: 10:15:32 - Borg Sphere - Unknown - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant. *************

Mission log: Day 15:
I've been on this Borg sphere for just over two weeks now studying the movements of the various drones. My mission? to recover a transwarp coil from one of the transwarp drive chambers on the ship, there are six in total spread out equidistant from the central power core and I've been camping out by this one for over a week now waiting for them to drop their defenses long enough for me to steal it and signal data to bridge me out of here.  To hide this long I needed special tech, luckily the Hansens were still just as borg crazy as in the original timeline however Janeway never recovered 7 of 9 in this reality so unfortunately I don't have any help other than what bits I've been able to gleam from a few wrecks here and there and what they gathered.  I'm wearing a special spec-ops stealth suit based on a mixture of SCG, Goa'uld and federation designs with a few tweaks of my own, good thing that Goa'uld super soldier armor was in the SGC database, it's cloaking device came in super handy.

Within the past week alone I've traveled maybe 400 meters dodging patrols and scouting out the least defended portion of the ship, been nearly caught twice, and had to wait out a planetary assimilation as people were brought on board and assimilated.  Things have not been great but on the up side the acension isn't far off, just within range for the QEBC to stay in contact, I give regular updates to my companions to make sure they know I'm still alive and kicking despite being in the lions den... yeah I'm not going down that easily ya borg bastards. my main concern now is the borg picking up another space-bridge and immediately locking down the area... can't have them stealing this tech or I might be putting other realities in danger.  Well here's hoping I get out of this without being droned.

End log

Anthony finished entering his log entry and stood up, he'd been waiting for an opportunity to present it's self and nabbed a drone near the shield barrier still in it's regeneration chamber, a quick subdermal probe was inserted below the armor cavity and the drone activated to perform routine maintenance on the transwarp drive.  Following it a good ten feet the drone walked right through the shield as it flared to allow the cyborg entry into the more secure area of the ship the shield frequency immediately feeding into the cloaking field around the stealth tactical armor anthony was wearing. "Got it, now to see if I can slip past like they do on the show."  Stated anthony quietly in case the ship had audio sensors as well to pick up invisible intruders, moments later the shield flared and he found himself on the other side of the once impenetrable barrier.

Following the drone to the inner transwarp coil chamber he watched as the drone entered commands on the console then left, the room mostly empty save for the invisible thief of course.  Anthony took out a modified laptop with some nifty interface tech he grabbed from the stargate universe and began trying to interface with the borg ship a tricorder setup as a remote warning beacon in case he got company.  15 minutes passed before the computer finished chewing through the codes and he scrolled down until he found the one setup to deactivate the coil for replacement, with that the shielding around the coil dropped as did the container with the coil rising up on a central pedestal.  Nabbing it quickly he entered the command indicating that a replacement was needed but not essential unplugged and slipped past the forcefield again, the transwarp coil in the backpack attached to his stealth armor.  "Mr data you there?" Stated anthony as he prepared to get to the evac point, "I'm reading you" stated the android, an unusual determination in his voice I don't remember him having that emotion on the show thought anthony before continuing.  "Prep evac in 10 minutes I'll be at the coordinates to get to the space bridge aperature, we have to keep this short."  "Understood sir" stated the android.

Anthony moved swiftly through the corridors of the borg vessel, maze like in it's construction before reaching the agreed upon area and waited until space began to warp and bend near the open area around the middle.  "d*** it they opened it up too far from the platform!" shouted anthony before taking a few steps back and making a running leap towards the wormhole directly in front of him. Drones began swarming into the area with alarms going off throughout the ship as he fell into the space-bridge and landed with a roll down the ramp on the acension.  "Shut that thing down!" anthony commanded as scanning beams began filtering through the space-time anomaly linking the two ships, within a few seconds the entire thing collapsed in on it's self with a thunderclap and he gave the command to transition back into subspace.  The Holographic doctor ran over to him and began performing medical scans to make sure nothing else followed him through before helping him up.

Data Soong ran over from the control platform along with Q who had been watching the whole ordeal with a calm but interested face.  "What happened?" anthony inquired to the now stoic android "something interfered with the accuracy of the space bridge, sir? Did you get what you went for?" the android responded.  Grinning like a kid who'd just won a years worth of candy anthony pulled the transwarp coil out of the backpack "oh yeah, I got it, get started hooking it up to the MBG, we're getting out of this hell!" Anthony took a deep breath and dug around deeper in the bag "oh and doctor?" the holographic doctor looked up from his tricorder "yes captain?" Anthony pulled out a borg surgical arm "got ya a present too" he firmly placed it into the arms of the hologram earning a look of surprise from both data and Q then turned to look at them both "what? borg medical technology is centuries ahead of what I've got here, could come in handy."  With that he began heading back up to the bridge along with data, Q stuck around another minute snapping his fingers to dissipate the forming wormhole inside the cargobay shaking his head as he teleported up to meet the rest of them.

************* Day 300: 10:25:20 - Borg Sphere - Unknown - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant. *************

The hive mind seemed to go from an endless calm sea to a panicked storm in an instant as a spatial anomaly began forming near the center of the sphere. Warning, unknown spatial anomaly forming in grid 115 subsection 12, dispatch drones to investigate.  The borg had seen something like this before several days ago and determined that this was a technology worth assimilating to further their perfection.  The queen looked on through the eyes of dozens of drones as she saw what looked like a quantum singularity only without the gravity gradient pulling things into it there was a flash as something entered it then the anomaly vanished shrinking until it ceased to be.  "It seems our unannounced guest just left" the annoyed gleam in her eyes betraying her otherwise calm thoughts as her mind connected to the whole of the collective. 

With a mere thought she felt the data from the two incidents flowing through her, a sigh of pleasure escaping her lips as she began to understand what happened.  "Redirect tachyon emitters to the location of the anomaly and begin feeding energy into it" thoughts began echoing within the collective will directing it to follow her commands then the anomaly began forming again growing larger until it suddenly collapsed with a feedback pulse of energy killing any nearby drones and damaging the entire section "we will meet again..." she stated calmly before returning to the central alcove directing drones to begin studying this anomaly and try to replicate it.

AN: sorry about the long delay, I've been busy with work and the holidays, probably wrote this about three times before It felt like how I wanted it... also tried to go over it better to deal with some of the errors people have been reporting... suffice to say I need a beta, I'll see about making a request before I post the next part, in the mean time, happy belated Winter holiday of your preferred denomination!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - January 19th, 2018 at 7:37 PM