Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site

Hey guys Smile

So I have plans to start a technology-based forum site called TekPlace. The site would allow for discussion regarding the internet, computers, video games, or anything else relating to technology.

I plan to use IcyBoards for the time being. Right now, I'm at the stage of searching for that perfect theme. If you have a suggestion, please let me know, as I am struggling to find a good one.

I am also currently looking for people that are willing to be mods or admins on the site. I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with SimCityDefined (previous site I made), where I had no staff to help me with anything. If you want to join in on the fun, shoot me a PM or reply to this thread.

I'll post updates here with everything that you nee to know.

EDIT: My forum has been created for a certain version of MyBB 1.8, but when I download a theme designed for 1.8 and try to install it, it says the theme is not compatible with the version. I don't want to ignore compatibility because that typically makes the theme look bad when going back to the main site. If you have a solution, please let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by CapTon - November 26th, 2014 at 6:18 PM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by Darth-Apple - November 26th, 2014 at 6:23 PM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by CapTon - November 26th, 2014 at 6:26 PM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by Darth-Apple - November 26th, 2014 at 6:30 PM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by CapTon - November 26th, 2014 at 6:35 PM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by simlink - November 27th, 2014 at 2:59 AM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by Harry K. - November 27th, 2014 at 8:01 AM
RE: Planning to Start a Tech Forums/Site - by CapTon - November 28th, 2014 at 4:57 AM