Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A proper MyBB Status/Profile Updates Plugin?

So MyBB 1.8 should be out soon, and I've already begun working on plugins to gear up for the release. My BAM Announcements Manager plugin is finished and ready to go, which will allow administrators to manage header announcements in their forum without editing the templates. In addition, it supports random announcement fetching and usergroup based displaying of announcements as well. I may have my Multiple Usergroup Images on Profile/Postbit plugin fully refurbished and ported by the end of the night as well. Big Grin

Once that's done, I plan on porting our current status updates plugin here to MyBB 1.8. I was a bit lazy in the original coding of it, so I will have to fix a number of bugs and expand functionality. One thing that is definitely on the list is translation support and the ability to comment on statuses.

Anyway, my goal is to have a proper plugin ready for the 1.8 release. What do you think is necessary for a proper Profile/Status updates plugin? What do you think needs to be done to improve the current plugin we're using here?

Messages In This Thread
A proper MyBB Status/Profile Updates Plugin? - by Darth-Apple - July 28th, 2014 at 5:48 PM
RE: A proper MyBB Status/Profile Updates Plugin? - by CapTon - August 2nd, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyBB Status Updates (in development) Darth-Apple 39 17,786 June 2nd, 2023 at 3:00 AM
Last Post: PARADOX
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,478 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) Darth-Apple 49 57,227 January 28th, 2021 at 11:38 AM
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,138 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM