Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Official] Makestation Community Milestones

yeah! this is truly incredible, it's like watching someone restart a star lol... at first it's dark and cold, then it grows warmer than FLASH! a new sun is born from the corpse of an old one.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 5th, 2018 at 6:43 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: yeah! this is truly incredible, it's like watching someone restart a star lol... at first it's dark and cold, then it grows warmer than FLASH! a new sun is born from the corpse of an old one.

Makestation's own Big Bang!
Speaking of.... 13k has now been passed. Cool

Great work ya'll!
(June 5th, 2018 at 10:58 PM)Guardian Wrote: Speaking of.... 13k has now been passed. Cool

Great work ya'll!

alright! Cool

We slowed up a bit, but we've been solid over the past year so I'm not worried. The momentum we had was intense!

We could do it again, just need to get some new blood again.
(June 9th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)Guardian Wrote: 13,200.

We slowed up a bit, but we've been solid over the past year so I'm not worried. The momentum we had was intense!

We could do it again, just need to get some new blood again.

I've been fairly busy, hoping to pick activity up in next few days. Congrats guys on the 13+k!
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(June 10th, 2018 at 9:39 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I've been fairly busy, hoping to pick activity up in next few days. Congrats guys on the 13+k!

Yeah, was just talking to the wife how busy this week was. Confused
for me last week was insane, we were so overwhelmed us night shift guys had to pick up the slack and finish the day crew's work, was kinda crazy.
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:48 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: for me last week was insane, we were so overwhelmed us night shift guys had to pick up the slack and finish the day crew's work, was kinda crazy.

That's not an every week sort of thing? Tongue

It was for me.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:18 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:48 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: for me last week was insane, we were so overwhelmed us night shift guys had to pick up the slack and finish the day crew's work, was kinda crazy.

That's not an every week sort of thing? Tongue

It was for me.

no, usually we have maybe 2 or 3 emails leftover to respond to (HD tickets), go over the tech dispatches to see if they need updates, and answer the occasional Helpdesk call from overseas, I work 10 hours shifts so it's fairly laid back...

but last week I was spending 4 hours each night following up on the nearly 30 emails that came in which nobody could respond to due to the high call volume across 1st and 2nd shifts.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:29 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: no, usually we have maybe 2 or 3 emails leftover to respond to (HD tickets), go over the tech dispatches to see if they need updates, and answer the occasional Helpdesk call from overseas, I work 10 hours shifts so it's fairly laid back...

but last week I was spending 4 hours each night following up on the nearly 30 emails that came in which nobody could respond to due to the high call volume across 1st and 2nd shifts.

I see. My day shift's have never been good. My night shifts have always been the cleanup crew so the day shift can even function the next day.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:43 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:29 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: no, usually we have maybe 2 or 3 emails leftover to respond to (HD tickets), go over the tech dispatches to see if they need updates, and answer the occasional Helpdesk call from overseas, I work 10 hours shifts so it's fairly laid back...

I see. My day shift's have never been good. My night shifts have always been the cleanup crew so the day shift can even function the next day.

luckilly on wednesday the last of my 4 day 10 hour shift week they'd managed to catch up and not be as bad off, but it is nice working for a couple government agencies rather than something like microsoft or turbotax or one of those for that reason.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:50 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: luckilly on wednesday the last of my 4 day 10 hour shift week they'd managed to catch up and not be as bad off, but it is nice working for a couple government agencies rather than something like microsoft or turbotax or one of those for that reason.

Government agencies are sometimes the worst. Employees are... very lax sometimes. At least, in my personal experience. Never worked outside the government, so wouldn't know how those are.
(June 10th, 2018 at 9:16 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:50 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: luckilly on wednesday the last of my 4 day 10 hour shift week they'd managed to catch up and not be as bad off, but it is nice working for a couple government agencies rather than something like microsoft or turbotax or one of those for that reason.

Government agencies are sometimes the worst. Employees are... very lax sometimes. At least, in my personal experience. Never worked outside the government, so wouldn't know how those are.
then you can imagine how frustrated I get when supporting them as a helpdesk lol.

"I'm not technical I don't know how to do this", when I ask them to unplug and plug in a cable.

doesn't know what a power cable is.

doesn't know what a USB cable is.

etc... honestly I'm in shock sometimes, but it can't be helped I guess lol, at least I get paid by the hour. Wink
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:41 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: then you can imagine how frustrated I get when supporting them as a helpdesk lol.

"I'm not technical I don't know how to do this", when I ask them to unplug and plug in a cable.

etc... honestly I'm in shock sometimes, but it can't be helped I guess lol, at least I get paid by the hour. Wink

Yep, had those experiences! Tongue

It's funny thinking back, but at the time it's the most frustrating thing in the world.
(June 11th, 2018 at 10:14 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:41 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: then you can imagine how frustrated I get when supporting them as a helpdesk lol.

Yep, had those experiences! Tongue

It's funny thinking back, but at the time it's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too. Confused
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:48 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:32 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Seriously though who doesn't know how to plug a power cable into the wall?

Children. That's who.

Some of the most well-paid people are the biggest idiots too.  Confused

I have to second that one Tongue
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Milestones simlink 3 8,218 October 18th, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple