Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Some Recommended Budget Webhosts

Are you looking for a high-quality, inexpensive webhost with a good reputation? There are a few hosts that I have some experience with that I can very strongly recommend. Of course I always recommend doing your own research to ensure that you find something that works for you, but the following may be worth taking a look at.

Shared Hosting: T1hosting.com

T1hosting is probably by far the best low-cost budget host that I have found as of yet, and has great uptime, reliability, and service. Their gold plan currently offers unlimited domains setup and 1TB of bandwidth for $5/month if paid annually. (Yes, some hosts offer "unlimited" bandwidth, but few of them will actually stick to that if you start using a lot of bandwidth. Tongue)

They also have some very inexpensive plans. A quick look at their homepage, and you can literally pay less than $2/month for sufficient hosting for not just one, but multiple websites. Not a deal that's easy to find with many webhosts. If you're looking for the best "bang for your buck," I'd strongly recommend taking a look at their plans.

VPS hosting: Ramnode

Makestation is proudly hosted with Ramnode currently. They are a highly reliable unmanaged VPS provider with great packages, uptime, service, and support for a very low cost. I host quite a lot on this server, and it has never had any issues whatsoever. All I can say is that I'm quite impressed. It's definitely worth a look.

Free forum hosting: Icyboards

Icyboards one of the best free forum hosts that I have found to date. They offer a wide variety of plugins, great uptime, high performance, etc... and allow you to upload your own themes and edit your templates. They even allow you to move the ads around so that they look good with your theme! Now that's something you don't see often.

In any case, Icyboards is a pretty solid free host. If you don't want to go the paid hosting route, they are worth looking at. Createaforum.com and smfnew.com (which is now under new ownership) are both worth looking at as well if you prefer SMF-based hosting.

If you have any good experiences with any webhosts not listed here, feel free to post your experiences below to help the community of fellow webmasters here! Big Grin

-Darth

T1Hosting is amazing! I'm using it with my site right now.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(January 31st, 2014 at 3:17 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: VPS hosting: Ramnode

Makestation is proudly hosted with Ramnode currently. They are a highly reliable unmanaged VPS provider with great packages, uptime, service, and support for a very low cost. I host quite a lot on this server, and it has never had any issues whatsoever. All I can say is that I'm quite impressed. It's definitely worth a look.

If you have the money for it, I'd go with these guys. If location is an issue too, they have 4 locations for geographical diversity - Atlanta, Seattle, NYC and Amsterdam. Plus, as I am posting this, if you use WOWSSD5 for a coupon, they will credit you for $5 after you pay your first month, which means you get two months for the price of one if you pay for the $5/mo plan. Smile
Ramnode is a great service to use! I used it for a site one time. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommended Forums Darth-Apple 1 2,017 February 25th, 2020 at 8:53 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  What do you typically budget for your forums and websites? Darth-Apple 15 17,784 November 2nd, 2018 at 2:27 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  [Idea] Budget phone photography gallery? Electric2Shock 2 5,555 December 18th, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  The Recommended Webhost Thread Darth-Apple 6 13,618 December 2nd, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Last Post: NightShadow