Poll: Which version of Windows do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Windows 98
0%
0 0%
Windows 2000
0%
0 0%
Windows XP
33.33%
1 33.33%
Windows Vista
0%
0 0%
Windows 7
66.67%
2 66.67%
Windows 8
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which version of Windows do you prefer?

you missed some... my favorite ver of windows?... MSDOS 5.11 Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Windows 3.1 for the win!!!

It was XP, but I'm actually mostly happy with WIN 10 now.
XP was such a great OS though? if only they'd kept updating it, there was even a 64bit version of it (I use it on a 64bit pentinum 3.0ghz downstairs as a file server for connecting to some of my older serial only machines.)
(June 10th, 2018 at 2:58 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: XP was such a great OS though? if only they'd kept updating it, there was even a 64bit version of it (I use it on a 64bit pentinum 3.0ghz downstairs as a file server for connecting to some of my older serial only machines.)

XP could have been their "OS to rule them all" instead of WIN10, and the world would have went voluntarily...
guardian: the time was right back in 2001 lol.
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:50 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: the time was right back in 2001 lol.

They're about 15 years behind. Tongue

Typical Microsoft.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:20 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:50 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: the time was right back in 2001 lol.

They're about 15 years behind. Tongue

Typical Microsoft.

indeed lol, somehow I think linux surpassed them around 2008 as far as UI features go and then hardware compatibility is steadily overtaking it along with games support because more and more companies are offering linux builds, in some cases even before MAC ones Tongue
I like Windows 10, but the constant updates drive me absolutely insane. Windows seems to have very little respect for user preferences and wants to restart randomly on me. On my windows machine, it takes at least 15 minutes after booting before it's really usable because it's starting everything up. It's just outrageous.

I miss Windows 7.

For me, although my Mac is from 2012 and has a 3rd generation i3, it absolutely smokes my windows machine and I wouldn't even consider returning. If only for the constant updates and the extremely slow startups.

(June 19th, 2018 at 7:00 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I like Windows 10, but the constant updates drive me absolutely insane. Windows seems to have very little respect for user preferences and wants to restart randomly on me. On my windows machine, it takes at least 15 minutes after booting before it's really usable because it's starting everything up. It's just outrageous.

I miss Windows 7.

For me, although my Mac is from 2012 and has a 3rd generation i3, it absolutely smokes my windows machine and I wouldn't even consider returning. If only for the constant updates and the extremely slow startups.

see I have no issue with mac's because the shell is the same as linux (bash), and mac's are unix based (free BSD even), but my issue with apple is their hardware... they boobytrap it and make it exceedingly difficult to repair/replace.

software wise though... no complaints.
(June 19th, 2018 at 7:00 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I like Windows 10, but the constant updates drive me absolutely insane. Windows seems to have very little respect for user preferences and wants to restart randomly on me. On my windows machine, it takes at least 15 minutes after booting before it's really usable because it's starting everything up. It's just outrageous.

Same, drives me absolutely mad.  Angry
Windows 10 is the best version of Windows to date
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I mean I guess windows 10 is OK, I don't like how they hid the control panel from the right click on the start menu or how they've changed the user account control stuff but I'm a power user so most of my complaints have to do with that.
Out of the options - Windows 7.

I've actually only used it on a work computer. As far as home computers are concerned, my history is as follows:

• Windows 95: 1995-2000
  • Windows 98: 2000-2005
  • Windows XP: 2005-2010
  • Windows Vista: 2009-2012 (A small overlap with XP here, because I got my Vista laptop a couple of months before the XP desktop blew)
  • Windows 8: 2012-15 (Yeah, I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 8... that was painful >_< )
  • Windows 10: 2015-present
Windows 10 is fine IMO, although the Start menu can be a pain sometimes. Windows 8 was a disaster. Windows Vista was decent by the time I started using it; however, by then, the damage to its reputation was done. Everything before that is basically just nostalgia at this point.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Windows 10 is my favorite to date!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I was forced to update from 8.1 to 10 recently because of cyberpunk 2077 using the latest direct X which only works on windows 10.   Crying 

on the other hand though I've been using my desktop less and less because work is keeping me busy, I need more free time goramn it.
(December 24th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I was forced to update from 8.1 to 10 recently because of cyberpunk 2077 using the latest direct X which only works on windows 10.   Crying 
8.1... truly hated that one.

(December 24th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: on the other hand though I've been using my desktop less and less because work is keeping me busy, I need more free time goramn it.

Dude, SAME.
Windows 10 LTSC and Prof .

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
@Guardian if it helps I've been using 8.1 with a 19in 60fps touch screen which actually feels somewhat right lol.

It's weird going back to a proper start menu again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question which External Hard drive PS4 ? tc4me 3 2,599 May 8th, 2020 at 3:58 PM
Last Post: tc4me