Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ask Darth-Apple

I'm hoping I'll be around 2-3k posts and maybe 100 members also Smile
[Image: 2z4zes7.jpg]
(September 6th, 2013 at 6:29 PM)Tyler Wrote: I'm hoping I'll be around 2-3k posts and maybe 100 members also Smile

At the rate that your forum is growing, you should be able to hit that goal easily. Big Grin

So, you have anything in specific planned for 100?
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(September 6th, 2013 at 6:43 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: So, you have anything in specific planned for 100?

Not for 100, but for 5,000 posts I am working on some ideas. Have any ideas of what would be cool for a 100 member update? Tongue

(September 6th, 2013 at 6:46 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(September 6th, 2013 at 6:43 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: So, you have anything in specific planned for 100?

Not for 100, but for 5,000 posts I am working on some ideas. Have any ideas of what would be cool for a 100 member update? Tongue

Something like this for the first 99 or so members? http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/119th_...eous_items

(September 6th, 2013 at 6:49 PM)AcoG000 Wrote:

Something like this for the first 99 or so members? http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/119th_...eous_items

So basically some easter eggs and random surprises?

(September 6th, 2013 at 6:51 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

Yeah, and I was thinking adding member badges for those who registered between May 22nd and whenever the date is when the 100th member registered. See: those badges (Primeval Warrior, etc)

(September 6th, 2013 at 6:53 PM)AcoG000 Wrote:
(September 6th, 2013 at 6:51 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

Yeah, and I was thinking adding member badges for those who registered between May 22nd and whenever the date is when the 100th member registered. See: those badges (Primeval Warrior, etc)

We'll probably delay the member badges a little bit, but in the future we will do something neat for "founding members."

I'll look into some interesting easter eggs. Big Grin

Cool. That is a pretty long quote chain though Tongue

Yes it is. Tongue

Sorry if this was asked previously but I just looked through and couldn't find it. What made you want to choose the name "Darth-Apple"? Smile
I was a coadmin of a google fansite a while back, and my coadmin went by "darth android. " I figured I needed something better than "Blake, " so I took on "Darth-Apple"

It stuck. Tongue

How did you acquire your PHP mastery, Prof. Blake?

(September 8th, 2013 at 7:13 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: How did you acquire your PHP mastery, Prof. Blake?

Practice, of course, although I wouldn't consider myself a master. Tongue

Actually, my first project was a pretty extensive project, so I had no choice but to learn a lot of stuff pretty quickly. I had previous experience with other programming languages as well, which of course helped. Tongue

(September 8th, 2013 at 7:15 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(September 8th, 2013 at 7:13 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: How did you acquire your PHP mastery, Prof. Blake?

Practice, of course, although I wouldn't consider myself a master. Tongue

Actually, my first project was a pretty extensive project, so I had no choice but to learn a lot of stuff pretty quickly. I had previous experience with other programming languages as well, which of course helped. Tongue
Oh, you're not an expert? I'm afraid I can't trust you to teach me.
Tongue

Before MS, did you ever start any forums?

No serious forums. I started a dumb google fansite and a little simcity forum (which still exists). Makestation is definitely the only forum I've really invested in long term.

Can you inpersonate anyone famous?