Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Android vs. iPhone

Phones are pricey. A lot can happen in four years, and a great phone can turn to a crappy phone by comparison in like 2-3 years. That's why with my most recent phone, I just went all in and got the most bleeding edge thing I can find. This will last me a few years probably.

And charging daily isn't bad. That's how often I have to charge mine on. Then again, I use mine a lot. I somehow feel it's still not as good as it should be though. The M8s are supposed to have outstanding battery life, so I'm surprised I have to charge it daily. Tongue

I charge my periodically throughout the day, even if it doesn't really need it, that could be why my battery life is terrible. Tongue
(November 6th, 2014 at 3:22 AM)Clayton Wrote: I charge my periodically throughout the day, even if it doesn't really need it, that could be why my battery life is terrible. Tongue

Lithium ion batteries actually benefit from being charged as often as possible. You definitely won't hurt your battery life doing that, contrary to popular belief. The lithium ion batteries also tend to lose charging capacity as the number of charge/discharge cycles increases, so it's best not to rely on the battery with a power source nearby to prolong the overall lifetime of a battery's capacity in the long run. 

Oh really? That is interesting... haha my battery life should be superb then! Tongue
(November 6th, 2014 at 3:34 AM)Clayton Wrote: Oh really? That is interesting... haha my battery life should be superb then! Tongue

How old is your phone? 

It's only 8 months old.
Ah. I see.

I doubt it's old enough to experience major battery issues yet. It usually takes about two years before it really starts to get noticeable.

Interesting, I hope my battery does not continue to decrease to insanely much as time goes on.
(November 6th, 2014 at 6:30 PM)Clayton Wrote: Interesting, I hope my battery does not continue to decrease to insanely much as time goes on.

Better be careful. The way you make it sound, you're nowhere near reaching Simlink's record for holding ancient phones. Tongue

I plan on getting a new one in around a year anyway. Tongue
(November 8th, 2014 at 5:13 AM)Clayton Wrote: I plan on getting a new one in around a year anyway. Tongue

With that attitude, there's no way you'll even get close to Simlink's record. Tongue

I will happily stay away from that record. Tongue
(November 8th, 2014 at 5:20 AM)Clayton Wrote: I will happily stay away from that record. Tongue

I will as well probably. Simlink has good reasons though. He's going to have to pay way more as soon as he does decide to upgrade. Tongue

i have my half decent samsung galaxy ring..its only way to get online. Ive heard a lot of people who are iphone haters..i wonder why
(November 6th, 2014 at 6:38 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(November 6th, 2014 at 6:30 PM)Clayton Wrote: Interesting, I hope my battery does not continue to decrease to insanely much as time goes on.

Better be careful. The way you make it sound, you're nowhere near reaching Simlink's record for holding ancient phones. Tongue

Hey, my phone isn't that ancient! Only 2 years old (though it'd be 4 if my first phone on this contract didn't die Tongue)

(November 8th, 2014 at 5:20 AM)Clayton Wrote: I will happily stay away from that record. Tongue

It's really not that bad. xD

(November 8th, 2014 at 5:25 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

I will as well probably. Simlink has good reasons though. He's going to have to pay way more as soon as he does decide to upgrade. Tongue

Yea, between $30-$50/month more. I'd just buy the new $600-$700 phone I want outright in that case. It'd still be less over a 2 year term than paying the new fees. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(November 9th, 2014 at 4:44 PM)simlink Wrote:
(November 8th, 2014 at 5:25 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:

Yea, between $30-$50/month more. I'd just buy the new $600-$700 phone I want outright in that case. It'd still be less over a 2 year term than paying the new fees. Tongue

Holy cow... that's like $720-1,000. Are the plans basically identical, or does one have different data restrictions, etc? 

The price range is just because I couldn't remember how much my equivalent is. But the price increase of $50/month would get me what I have now. If I don't want to pay more and instead downgrade what I get, I'd go from 6GB of data to 500MB with the current price I pay... it's awful.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
If you aren't going to get anything better for the increased prices, I don't blame you for sticking with an old plan. What do you plan on doing if your phone does end up breaking?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 12 Darth-Apple 6 2,832 August 29th, 2021 at 1:39 AM
Last Post: s3_gunzel
  iPhone vs. Android tc4me 11 6,478 June 24th, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Your iPhone probably outperforms your computer. Darth-Apple 2 3,121 June 7th, 2019 at 5:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  iPhone = obtained Darth-Apple 11 14,811 September 1st, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Last Post: Thomas