Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brave Browser

I take online privacy fairly seriously, particularly when cross-site trackers are involved. If you've ever wondered how Facebook and Google know so much about their users, this is how. They aren't just tracking your activity across Facebook, they're also buying data from data mining companies that themselves buy tracking data from various other respective apps, including Spotify, TikTok, DoorDash, and many others. The end result is that most of what you do on your phone is tracked and it is often unclear where it goes. 

Facebook also has ways of tracking many of its users' web browsing habits through what is known as the "facebook pixel" (a single pixel "image" that Facebook encourages web developers to embed, which phones home and lets Facebook know that a particular user is on this website). Facebook isn't the only offender here, there are several companies that tend to do a good job of tracking people's activity in fairly creepy ways as well. These companies can track most of your activity online, and they have a pretty detailed profile of it too. (Rest assured, Makestation does not have any of these. We have zero cross site trackers, and have no plans of adding any.) 

I started using Brave Browser a little over a year ago to block these, and I've been pretty happy with it. It's Chromium based, so it's still a RAM hog. But it's pretty stable and does a decent job blocking creepy cross-site tracking on the Internet. It's grown fairly popular, it's actually founded by the founder of the Mozilla Foundation, so it's definitely been able to get a decent amount of traction. 

Do you take steps to preserve privacy online? If so, what are your thoughts on Brave Browser?

I use brave browsers on the smartphone and on the Laptop SRware Iron - browser

I'm very satisfied with both browsers

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple
Brave is my browser of choice now. I can see just how crazy sites get with the blocked number of trackers & ads. Makestation has ZERO. Smile The little side benefit of free crypto (BAT) is just a bonus every now and then. I love it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Guardian's post:
  • Darth-Apple, tc4me
I have now also switched from Iron to Brave on the laptop  Big Grin

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft claims Edge is now ‘the best performing browser on Windows 10’ tc4me 3 1,809 May 29th, 2021 at 4:36 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Web browser preference Darth-Apple 51 54,093 February 22nd, 2019 at 2:15 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost