Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The time to solve the electric car’s battery problem is now

In September, Tesla announced that it would be phasing out the use of cobalt in its batteries, in an effort to produce a $25,000 electric vehicle within three years. If successful, this bold move will be an industry game changer, making electric vehicles competitive with conventional counterparts. But the announcement also underscores one of the fundamental challenges that will complicate the transition to electric vehicles. Without cobalt, there may be little financial incentive to recycle the massive batteries used to power the cars—and that could lead to an environmental disaster.

More HERE

In addition there is the risk of fire and batteries that cannot be extinguished! In Austria there are already parking bans in underground garages for electric or hybrid vehicles!

Here read in German!

What do you say

Tc4me

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
The one thing stopping me from buying a Tesla (other than me not driving anymore) is that there’s no tactile buttons.
@s3_gunzel here here!

And on that note, there are alternative battery options in the works.

From bicarbon amino acid batteries to more efficient lithium ion batteries.

Personally I think we'll discover a new battery type that's far more efficient and has higher energy density in the very near future.

As for making them cheaper... Asteroid mining would help a ton.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]