Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Will 80s Music make a Comback?

I've always been an 80s buff. Some of it is not particularly enjoyable (some of the more cheesy or pop-ish songs), but a lot of it had a certain sophistication and progressiveness that really put a lot more meaning and soul into the songs. It was also before the autotune era where things were not artificially perfected or sterilized by the production team. The music of the 70s, 80s, and 90s felt more alive. 

Today, I'm not so much a fan of modern pop music. Some of it is great, but a lot of what has become popular has just never jived well with me I suppose. It all comes down to preference. 

And perhaps it's worth noting that many artists still do make classic rock/pop, but it's often not as popular today as it was then. The music industry and the power of the market has shifted towards the more modern approach. I personally don't want to have a do-over of old musical eras, but I do hope we go back to the aspects of the 70s and 80s that were the best and evolve from there. 

I think that in the next 10-20 years, it could happen. What are your thoughts?

I experienced the 80s live, the best music ever !!! Singers still had to be able to sing, what do you hear today? Let today's musicians sing live, you get a laughing spell or you cry ..., music from the 80s will live forever,
Purple Rain - Prince,
AC / DC - You Shock Me All Night Long,
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna To Have Fun ,
Europe - The Final Coutdown, Van Halen - Jump,
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart,
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams
Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It , I've Got a Rock & Roll Heart, Forever Man ..It's in the Way That You Use It
Man At Work – Down Under,
Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing
Queen – Killerqueen
Paul Young – Come back and stay
Pink Floyd – Another Brick in the Wall
Falco, Boni Tayler ,Wham,  more and more ..........

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
well I know aspects of the 80's is making a stylized comeback.

like synthwave music or certain graphical things, it's all very cool!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(February 3rd, 2021 at 6:24 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: well I know aspects of the 80's is making a stylized comeback.

like synthwave music or certain graphical things, it's all very cool!

Was going to say this. I've been hearing a lot of new stuff that sounds like its from the 80s, just with some electric influence intertwined. I like it, it actually sounds good.

So, in a way, the answer is yes!
@Guardian ever listen to scandroid, megadrive, Kavinsky, or essenger?

what I really like is when that 80's synthwave get's mixed with cyberpunk elements leading to stuff like this.

stylistically vaporwave and synthwave are also pulling from a late 80's early 90's aesthetic.

For example:
[Image: il_570xN.1573294082_edt1.jpg]
It already is. Disco / synthpop is the big thing in pop music right now.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(February 4th, 2021 at 4:31 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian ever listen to scandroid, megadrive, Kavinsky, or essenger?

This is some of the stuff I'm talking about. Tongue

Good listens.
@Guardian I was listening to them back when I read neuromancer, so fitting it's crazy!

honestly having this 80's style music come back is just awesome, especially because it's also mixing with cyberpunk influences and it really fits well.
Instead of radio, we now always watch the MTV 80s TV station

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!