Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FTC, 47 states file suits to break up Instagram and WhatsApp from Facebook

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020...-facebook/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/tech/face...index.html

Thank god. Break up Google, Amazon, and Apple while you're at it.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I don't see why Facebook needs to own the others, except to dominate the spheres of influence in as much area as they can. A lot of people that don't use Facebook use Instagram, well, there's another way to still own their data. Same for WhatsApp.
Short change of topic, as Facebook and Whatsapp are in the room. In the past, instead of Facebook, people said we meet and talk in the park, and today? Today we are talking about quarantine because of Covid 19? People ?? All of them have smartphone face time, etc. and make a drama out of it! It didn't exist before! Most of them do not talk to each other 99% of the time, but write to each other via Whatsapp, I recently watched a young couple in Mc Doof, he and she did not speak a single word to each other for the 35 minutes that I watched them, BOTH ONLY TYPED ON THE SMARTPHONE . Isn't today's society sick and upset about quarantine? Hääää?

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(December 10th, 2020 at 5:06 AM)tc4me Wrote: Short change of topic, as Facebook and Whatsapp are in the room. In the past, instead of Facebook, people said we meet and talk in the park, and today? Today we are talking about quarantine because of Covid 19? People ?? All of them have smartphone face time, etc. and make a drama out of it! It didn't exist before! Most of them do not talk to each other 99% of the time, but write to each other via Whatsapp, I recently watched a young couple in Mc Doof, he and she did not speak a single word to each other for the 35 minutes that I watched them, BOTH ONLY TYPED ON THE SMARTPHONE . Isn't today's society sick and upset about quarantine? Hääää?

Ehh before Facebook we used stuff like AIM and MSN Messenger, and traditional texting. I don't think Facebook and Whatsapp are the cause for being nonsocial.
(December 10th, 2020 at 6:46 PM)Thomas Wrote:
(December 10th, 2020 at 5:06 AM)tc4me Wrote: Short change of topic, as Facebook and Whatsapp are in the room. In the past, instead of Facebook, people said we meet and talk in the park, and today? Today we are talking about quarantine because of Covid 19? People ?? All of them have smartphone face time, etc. and make a drama out of it! It didn't exist before! Most of them do not talk to each other 99% of the time, but write to each other via Whatsapp, I recently watched a young couple in Mc Doof, he and she did not speak a single word to each other for the 35 minutes that I watched them, BOTH ONLY TYPED ON THE SMARTPHONE . Isn't today's society sick and upset about quarantine? Hääää?

Ehh before Facebook we used stuff like AIM and MSN Messenger, and traditional texting. I don't think Facebook and Whatsapp are the cause for being nonsocial.

AIM and MSN Messenger and traditional SMS .. ??? Guys, i'm 55 years old! In 1990 there was NOTHING about it, so we had to TALK to each other :-), if you wanted to call your girlfriend, you went to the public phone and threw in cents

(December 10th, 2020 at 7:30 PM)tc4me Wrote:

AIM and MSN Messenger and traditional SMS .. ??? Guys, i'm 55 years old! In 1990 there was NOTHING about it, so we had to TALK to each other :-), if you wanted to call your girlfriend, you went to the public phone and threw in cents

You didn't have a landline in your home??
You're forgetting about something @Thomas

most home landlines were shared, if you wanted a private conversation and lived in a shared household anyone could pick up another handset and listen in.

and most people couldn't afford multiple dedicated lines like we have with cell phones now.

I think it was 10 cents a minute as well and you couldn't call outside your area code without incurring long distance charges.

on top of that if someone was using the net (dial up), they'd be tying up the phone until someone made them get off.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(December 11th, 2020 at 12:02 AM)Thomas Wrote:
(December 10th, 2020 at 7:30 PM)tc4me Wrote:

You didn't have a landline in your home??

We had landlines in the house, only when you were 14 you hardly wanted to call your girlfriend in the living room so that your parents and siblings could hear you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020 tc4me 37 15,501 January 21st, 2021 at 3:56 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  After nine years, the United States flew into space tc4me 2 2,416 June 1st, 2020 at 1:38 PM
Last Post: tc4me