Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA

from here

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
They're new to the game. Still working through a LOT of these issues other companies have already worked out.

That said, I would LOVE a Tesla, but I'm not buying one for a long time.
Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(November 23rd, 2020 at 11:43 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.

Yes, it is. But I live in Australia where I can get 5 years of guaranteed failure support for a computer that costs $5000. God Bless the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
I've heard Tesla build quality is atrocious. Interior components falling apart.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
@Thomas really?

I wonder if I can get a used one cheaply in the near future then... for parts Tongue
(November 23rd, 2020 at 11:43 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Is it wrong that I'm more of the sort that would refuse to get a warranty because I can probably maintain this stuff solo? lol.

The big expense/challenge would be the battery system. Other than that, why not?
(November 24th, 2020 at 12:28 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote:

Yes, it is. But I live in Australia where I can get 5 years of guaranteed failure support for a computer that costs $5000. God Bless the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

GENIAL :-)

(November 24th, 2020 at 12:28 AM)Thomas Wrote: I've heard Tesla build quality is atrocious. Interior components falling apart.

100% true, Tesla is a disaster in terms of quality,

(November 24th, 2020 at 2:48 AM)Guardian Wrote: The big expense/challenge would be the battery system. Other than that, why not?

So... batteries aren't that difficult just have to be able to run them in parallel and series to get the right voltages and capacities.

also as an alternative hydrogen fuel cells work too Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla's Self-Driving will run over a child on a school crosswalk tc4me 2 1,374 February 17th, 2023 at 6:11 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  Tesla's 'Full Self-Driving' Absolutely Cannot Handle Snow tc4me 3 1,718 January 8th, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  Tesla Model S Plaid caught fire while driver was at the wheel, says fire chief tc4me 6 2,653 August 29th, 2021 at 7:43 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Only Tesla Model 3 doesn't dodge tc4me 2 2,278 June 4th, 2020 at 5:28 PM
Last Post: tc4me