Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020

The people should vote personally with each voter! NO MAIL VOTING, because there is always a suspicion of fraud! It's just now in the news that the last 189,000 postal votes were 100% Biden and zero the rest, so that stinks to high heaven

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
(November 5th, 2020 at 5:11 AM)tc4me Wrote: The people should vote personally with each voter! NO MAIL VOTING, because there is always a suspicion of fraud! It's just now in the news that the last 189,000 postal votes were 100% Biden and zero the rest, so that stinks to high heaven

Yeah, I wasn't really concerned with this before but I'm starting to get suspicious. In one of our house races, the initial reporting was that the Republican defeated the incumbent-democrat with a ~70%-30% result with over 90% results reported, then we wake up the next morning to "found" ballots to put the democrat over by just a few hundred votes. Stuff like that is making me skeptical.
Yea there are some interestingly weird margins on some of them. I will say most of them followed what I expected (such as PA so far), but I'm watching a few of them closely and it's been... odd and inconsistent in some. It's been very hard to predict.

Nevada is still quite bizarre. I honestly have no clue what's going on over there. They have the votes in and they just aren't counting them. A whopping 24% of their state's expected votes, just sitting for a reason that (as far as I can tell) is completely unexplained. It's been quite strange.

It's looking like a very decisive victory for Biden right now, but we're still hanging in on the balance on a few key states. This still could go either way at this point, and to some extent, it will depend on Nevada and Arizona. They are both states where Biden has leads, but we're still waiting for quite a significant percentage of the votes to be counted. Nevada stalling the counting process is quite bizarre.

If I had to guess, the remaining states will go as follows:

• Trump wins Alaska, North Carolina
  • Biden wins Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania
  • Final result: Biden 306 - 232 Trump

To be honest, that's a result that nobody will be happy with, with the exception of the #NeverTrump Republicans. The rest of the GOP will be unhappy because Trump will lose, and the Democrats won't be happy because Republicans will hold the Senate, and President Biden won't be able to do very much (plus, 306-232 is far narrower than many Democrats were expecting).

I must say, though, that I completely agree with what @Thomas said earlier, and I'm completely sick and tired of the polarisation and divisiveness in American politics. It's a major problem that Trump hasn't even tried to address (that's his entire appeal: he's governed as a 'red meat' president for his base, while doing little to reach out beyond it). I expect Biden will try to unite the country; however, he'll fail miserably at that, because it's well beyond any one person to fix Sad .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Good morning, Exciting Exciting, I find Biden especially funny, Typical like all challengers, He wants to do everything better, He would like to create more jobs, more for the health system, etc. BUT HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO IT ??? NO SINGLE PRECISE PLAN WAS GIVEN!

When politicians talk, phrases are not far away. After an unpleasant affair, they promise "ruthless clarification" and want to "relentlessly come to terms with the disaster" after an election defeat. They want to "shape the future" and after much back and forth they finally enter into a "resilient alliance" with the rival party in order to achieve "substantial results" for the "little people". They want to "make themselves honest" after defeat and "realign the guard rails of their actions" because there is "nothing to gloss over the fact" - "you have to be very clear" - that "things will be objectified as quickly as possible must "" to avert damage to the land ".

Politicians of all parties love such empty phrases and puns, with which they can talk a lot but have little to say.

"Full trust" shows a basic principle of many political phrases: The more you emphasize something, the more sensitive you should be, because overemphasis - we all know this from everyday language - hardly stands for sincere feelings, but sometimes for the opposite. According to Duden, phrases are rhetorical automatisms, i.e. terms that are used so inflationarily that they have become empty formulas from which hardly anything follows in terms of content.

(November 6th, 2020 at 5:04 AM)tc4me Wrote: Good morning, Exciting Exciting, I find Biden especially funny, Typical like all challengers, He wants to do everything better, He would like to create more jobs, more for the health system, etc. BUT HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO IT ??? NO SINGLE PRECISE PLAN WAS GIVEN!

Like most Democrats he wants to tax the excess out of wealthy Americans.
(November 6th, 2020 at 12:38 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(November 6th, 2020 at 5:04 AM)tc4me Wrote: Good morning, Exciting Exciting, I find Biden especially funny, Typical like all challengers, He wants to do everything better, He would like to create more jobs, more for the health system, etc. BUT HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO IT ??? NO SINGLE PRECISE PLAN WAS GIVEN!

Like most Democrats he wants to tax the excess out of wealthy Americans.

He promises and talks about it, but that will never happen from the rich to collect money from taxes, as soon as he tries to raise money, they say that they are moving to another country with their companies and money ... the game is old, it doesn't work. with us they have been talking about inheritance tax for 40 years ... and tax on the rich ... but no matter who comes to "power", nobody can get it through!

(November 6th, 2020 at 4:58 PM)tc4me Wrote: He promises and talks about it, but that will never happen from the rich to collect money from taxes, as soon as he tries to raise money, they say that they are moving to another country with their companies and money ... the game is old, it doesn't work. with us they have been talking about inheritance tax for 40 years ... and tax on the rich ... but no matter who comes to "power", nobody can get it through!

Honestly, its a hard thing to make work. I mean, if I am rich and know 70% of my wealth is going to the government when I do, I'm going to set it up to reduce that as much as possible, even if that means funneling money to my kids outside of normal means. They can afford to do this, so it doesn't work. Its a political pipe dream.
See this is why it's important to have off shore bank accounts and keeping stuff off the books like vaults of paper money.

then so long as you keep your taxes good and add to that while not making it obvious you're hoarding riches that are difficult if not nigh impossible to track then it's just a matter of keeping them none the wiser.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
All rich people know how to do it, and that is said and reported very publicly! HOW DOES TAX FRAUD WORK?

HOW DOES TAX FRAUD WORK?
A tax avoidance classic is the principle of small calculations and shifting profits to low-tax countries and tax swamps. How do you move a profit made in Austria to the financial center of Cyprus with a tax rate of only 12.5 percent? A subsidiary is set up based in a low-tax country. This offsets the parent company, which actually creates added value, for overpriced services. For example fees for licenses, trademark or name rights, technical know-how or the delivery of raw materials. This diminishes the parent company's profits and moves to the subsidiary in the low-tax country. The taxable amount is massively reduced. The states are missing out on billions.

All rich people know how to do it, and that is said and reported very publicly! HOW DOES TAX FRAUD WORK?

HOW DOES TAX FRAUD WORK?
A tax avoidance classic is the principle of small calculations and shifting profits to low-tax countries and tax swamps. How do you move a profit made in Austria to the financial center of Cyprus with a tax rate of only 12.5 percent? A subsidiary is set up based in a low-tax country. This offsets the parent company, which actually creates added value, for overpriced services. For example fees for licenses, trademark or name rights, technical know-how or the delivery of raw materials. This diminishes the parent company's profits and moves to the subsidiary in the low-tax country. The taxable amount is massively reduced. The states are missing out on billions.
APPLE
With the help of the two companies Apple Sales International (ASI) and Apple Operations Europe, Apple reduced its tax burden to a ridiculous rate of 0.005 percent in 2014 and thus cheated gigantic profits by the tax authorities. As ASI has no registered office anywhere in the world, it is not recorded for tax purposes. The EU Commission accuses Apple of violating EU law with agreements. Now Apple threatens a penalty of 13 billion euros to Ireland.

DISNEY
In the final quarter of 2015 alone, Disney posted record profits of $ 2.9 billion. But as in the Disney fairy tale, the impossible becomes possible: Disney pays tax rates of sometimes less than one percent. Because Disney relocated its profits to Luxembourg, where the company founded an internal bank that taxed its profits at less than one percent. The offices of a total of five Disney offshoots are located on the ground floor of a Luxembourg house where a Belgian works as five-time director of the company. A single person administers societies through which billions flow.

MC DONALDS
McSteuerflucht: Every employee pays more taxes than McDonald’s itself. French authorities are investigating the fast-food mega-corporation on suspicion of tax fraud. McDonald’s reportedly moved profits in France to Luxembourg. It's about 75 million euros a year. The EU Commission also initiated proceedings against McDonald’s because the group has "paid practically no corporation tax on its profits" in both Luxembourg and the USA.

GOOGLE
According to the Financial Times, the US Internet company Google moved license revenues of EUR 8.8 billion in 2012 via Ireland and the Netherlands to the Bermuda tax swamp. The average tax rate abroad has fallen to around 5 percent. In France, police are investigating suspected tax fraud and in 2016 raided Google's Paris office. It is about possible tax back payments in the amount of 1.6 billion euros. In Italy it is about a tax back payment of 200 million euros, which Google Italia transferred to the parent company as “fees”. There are also taxes on undisclosed profits amounting to 100 million euros. In total, Google owes Italy 227.5 million euros.

AMAZON
In 2012, Amazon paid only 3 million euros in corporation tax in Germany for total sales of 6.8 billion euros. In the same year Amazon Germany directed 118 million of the profits made here to Luxembourg - so these profits were tax-free. Germany lost 35.4 million euros as a result. Since May 1, 2015 Amazon has been paying taxes on the profits made in Germany, but the income is modest. Because Amazon artificially reduces its profits using subsidiaries that charge high fees for the use of patents and trademarks and thus reduce profits.

If Biden thinks he can get $ 1 more there, the earth is flat

Dodgy So one thing I believe. no, I know it 100%, in the event that Biden becomes president, there is sure to be a new war and it has mainly because of Iran and must fear Israel. The leadership in Tehran is certainly hoping for Biden, because under a Biden presidency, the US could return to the nuclear deal from which Donald Trump had unilaterally withdrawn.

(November 6th, 2020 at 10:05 PM)tc4me Wrote: If Biden thinks he can get $ 1 more there, the earth is flat

Yep. And only they "mega-rich" are the ones that can get away with it. Usually the "just sorta rich" and "almost but not quite" group will have their money taken away from the most part. I'm middle class and I already feel like way too much is taken. I have to work until April before I can start keeping some of my own money. The first 3 1/2 months are taxes...
Joe Biden won
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
Yea that's the problem they don't realize. By taxing humungous rates on the wealthy, they just... don't pay. We've seen it over and over and over again. We can trade blame or we can demonize them as we wish, but in the end, it's still less money going into the government. And it always ends up defeating the very purpose of raising the rates to begin with.

There are people suggesting 80% tax rates for the wealthy, and that's insane. It almost feels like it's being suggested out of resentment rather than about actual utility. That "they shouldn't be rich, they don't deserve it" - when in reality perhaps they started a business young, took brave risks, failed 10 times, and got finally succeeded. And by them succeeding, in all liklihood, they're employing others and giving back to the economy.

These past few years, many, many companies took initiative (on their own) to dramatically raise pay rates. Walmart is paying $12 and $13/hr in my city. Target pays $15 (on their own). I worked three different jobs that raised everyones rates from around 9 to around 12 on average. Companies started raising rates without any governmental mandates or regulations, and I was quite impressed by that. I don't think I worked a single job where the average raises didn't increase by about 25% (at minimum) under the past few years.

That being said, some degree of corporate regulation is still absolutely necessary and serves a vital purpose. When we've got massive corporations that aren't paying any tax at all, we need to ask why. Is it because the tax rates are too high? (Unlikely, because Trump cut them to 21% this year). There are certain things we just shouldn't tolerate, such as Wells-Fargo's fake accounts, or Amazon not paying any taxes, or medical companies price-gouging life-saving drugs. It ends up costing everyone, and it makes the playing field unlevel for other companies when some aren't playing by the same rules. And it's a hard line to draw, because we can't risk over-regulating corporations in the wrong way either. They'd simply leave the country. More regulation is not always the answer.

I truthfully believe the stock market is responsible for a lot of that, where Apple and Amazon both (each) produce more than 5% of the nation's entire GDP alone. They end up being owned by their shareholders, which, by definition, expect them to outperform their expectations and projections.

It's the nature of the free market economy in motion. The problem with reining it in and having the government manage everything is that the government, too, will become corrupt. The free market (to an extent) regulates itself. It decentralizes the flow of money and power, which prevents any one governmental institution from becoming too powerful or corrupt against the will of its people.

The problem in America is that somewhere along the line, we lost our drive to create creative solutions to problems. We just threw uninformed leglislation, or let corporate lobbyists take over, and stopped creating fine-tuned legislation to solve actual problems directly. And we're paying the price for that now.

(November 7th, 2020 at 5:05 PM)Thomas Wrote: Joe Biden won

Biden has won for the time being, how do you win? what is he gaining? What is America losing? Look at ? Power? and now it starts again in the Middle East, Iran will ignite wars again ... What about North Korea and Kim Jong-un? Kim Jong-un is a madman! And Trump just as unpredictable, advantage, Kim Jong-un never knew how Trump would react because he is just as "crazy" as he is. This is not the case with Biden, he is fully predictable, and there I see the real ones. It doesn't matter to me whether type a, type b or C becomes president, I have to look to world security, world economy doesn’t matter who rules the USA, because he / she is just the business boy, and the costs are borne by the workers no president will ever be able to change anything. PS Obama has up to Trump to drop the most bombs on people!

When politicians talk, phrases are not far away. After an unpleasant affair, they promise "ruthless clarification" and want to "relentlessly come to terms with the disaster" after an election defeat. They want to "shape the future" and after much back and forth they finally enter into a "resilient alliance" with the rival party in order to achieve "substantial results" for the "little people". They want to "make themselves honest" after defeat and "realign the guard rails of their actions" because there is "nothing to gloss over the fact" - "you have to be very clear" - that "things will be objectified as quickly as possible must "" to avert damage to the land ".

Politicians of all parties love such empty phrases and puns, with which they can talk a lot but have little to say.

"Full trust" shows a basic principle of many political phrases: The more you emphasize something, the more sensitive you should be, because overemphasis - we all know this from everyday language - hardly stands for sincere feelings, but sometimes for the opposite. According to Duden, phrases are rhetorical automatisms, i.e. terms that are used so inflationarily that they have become empty formulas from which hardly anything follows in terms of content.

I should note that detailed plans were given, and they are present on his campaign website. They didn't receive much attention in the media; however, they do exist: 

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

Of course, with Republicans holding the Senate, it's unlikely that the more ambitious plans are going to happen. My worry is that we'll end up with partisan gridlock with virtually nothing getting done (apart from the things that can be achieved solely through executive action) - but, I guess we'll need to wait and see.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
For Trump, despite the record turnout, it is inconceivable that Joe Biden received more votes in states with many African-American residents than Barack Obama in his successful ballots in 2008 and 2012.

Trump sees himself as a victim of election fraud
Twitter provided the messages with warnings. The 74-year-old has been portraying himself as a victim of systematic electoral fraud for days without any evidence. Election observers - such as the OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe) - saw no basis for this. The conservative US Senator Lindsey Graham, who was also able to defend his Senate seat in South Carolina because of Trump's support, stood behind the current president. He should "not give up".

It is not very likely that Trump will still be able to sue for re-election in the event of an election challenge, but the US is still threatened with a legal game until Joe Biden's planned inauguration on January 20.

What chances does Trump have?
If Biden's election victory was due to a narrow result in one state or two states, Trump might still have a chance. A judgment in his favor to allow some votes or the legality of deadlines and voting procedures could theoretically overturn the result in a very tight state such as Georgia.

In the race to secure the necessary majority of 270 voters, Biden is now so far ahead of Trump that one or two successful lawsuits should no longer matter.

The UK's best pollster wrote earlier this morning that this was clearly a stolen election and that it is impossible to imagine Biden overtaking Obama in some of these states. "

The voting in some of he states is still continuing

94 % of the vote in nation-wide
Sports fanatic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FTC, 47 states file suits to break up Instagram and WhatsApp from Facebook Thomas 7 3,996 December 11th, 2020 at 4:53 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  After nine years, the United States flew into space tc4me 2 2,315 June 1st, 2020 at 1:38 PM
Last Post: tc4me