Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Local Restuarants in Your Town

I personally love them. Sometimes they are a little pricier (surprisingly), but you usually get a huge plate of fresh food. I usually avoid the more expensive ones (I can't afford them), but I enjoy not having the processed food that you normally get with chain restaurants. 

I eat out only about once a week, and when I do, I enjoy getting something local to my town. 

How is the local restaurant scene in your area?

We have a local restaurant with regional dishes. Since we are here in the green part of Austria (organic farmers), we of course like to eat Wiener Schnitzel here. Unfortunately, my wife and I have not been able to go out to eat for years, because Ben our Autis cannot eat and sit in the restaurant. What Ben does is eat at Mc D or Burger Kind, we can visit the two of them and have something to eat.

lg Tc4me

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Mostly chains. Terrible options all around and people are clamoring for more (chains). They don't support the unique restaurants so they never last.
Let me think:

• Lots of Italian restaurants. All the big chains have at least one outlet here (sometimes more), but there are also some lovely independent restaurants.
  • Plenty of pubs and bars, if these count. Most other Brits will know these better than I do, though: I'm not much of a 'bar' person Tongue .
  • Lots of Indian restaurants, most or all of them independents. There's one South Indian restaurant in particular that I'd highly recommend!
  • A reasonable number of East Asian restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Thai etc.). I haven't visited many of these, though my nearest Chinese one is great!
  • Only one or two Mexican restaurants. It's just not as popular in the UK, for some reason.
  • A smattering of other restaurants (French, Spanish, Turkish etc.). Just a couple of weeks ago, I visited a Lebanese restaurant for the first time. I rather enjoyed it, and I'd go again!
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
ALL CLOSED IN AUSTRIA! COVID 19 

Gastronomy. Is closed. Collection is possible between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Delivery services will remain permitted without time restrictions. Pubs, bars and nightspots are also closed (more about the provisions in the catering trade).

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
main city near me is a capitalist hellscape of chains.

but in my little region of the outskirts, most restaurants are local. personal favourites:

--> arabic bakery (meat/cheese/spinach pies)
--> eggroll place (they do other takeout but they are named after eggrolls and are better than anywhere else i s2g)
--> a bunch of pho houses, some of them serve ox and other more 'exotic' types/cuts of meat
--> a burrito place that does a student discount of two tacos and a drink for like 4$ every day if you bring your school id, very fresh, no taco bell vibes
--> a&w (honorary chain mention, by far freshest burgers and their breakfast is like 8$ for two eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, half a tomato, etc. it feels local compared to mcd's)

most of them are open for pickup at the very least, the eggroll place and arab bakery don't even have a dine-in area so nothing much changed for them.
serve good food at a good price here and you'll have business.
i dont eat out often because i'm too lazy to walk down and ubereats doesnt even work on my phone so i cant order for pickup/delivery. but i'll be almost always more likely to stop at these places than the local mcd's or wendy's or whatever.
(November 1st, 2020 at 8:15 AM)tc4me Wrote: ALL CLOSED IN AUSTRIA! COVID 19 

Gastronomy. Is closed. Collection is possible between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Delivery services will remain permitted without time restrictions. Pubs, bars and nightspots are also closed (more about the provisions in the catering trade).

Same here, sadly. Ours are closed for a month, except for takeaways.

I just hope I'll be able to have my Christmas meal, as normal.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015