Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Happy 4th of July

Despite all of the events that are surrounding us, we're still celebrating it in my town. No official firework shows are available (coronavirus risks), but a lot of my friends are taking it into their own hands and shooting fireworks in my own apartment neighborhood. There are quite a few of them, and a lot of the "amateur" shows are fantastic, even better than many of the official ones over the years. 

How are things shaping up for you guys?

The local city and nearly everyone else cancelled their shows. The new Minor League team that hasn't played a game yet thanks to the shutdown stepped up and put on a show... but it could barely be seen from 2 miles away. Kinda whack.
(July 5th, 2020 at 1:44 PM)Guardian Wrote: The local city and nearly everyone else cancelled their shows. The new Minor League team that hasn't played a game yet thanks to the shutdown stepped up and put on a show... but it could barely be seen from 2 miles away. Kinda whack.

Were there any local areas doing shows, e.g. groups within neighborhoods or parks?

Hey, for everybody that celebrated the 4th I want to also say happy Aphelion day!

that's right, yesterday was the day the earth was farthest from the sun in it's orbit.

it varies from year to year but it's always on either july 3rd, 4th, or 6th!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
@SpookyZalost Didn't know that. Yesterday was still extremely hot. Summer is upon us, I suppose. Finna

@Darth-Apple that has a lot more to do with axial tilt and seasonal changes than orbital position lol.

but axial tilt combined with orbital position is why australia's winters and summers are more extreme than ours.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Sorry I'm late - but, I hope all of Makestation's American members had a good 4th of July!
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(July 5th, 2020 at 8:39 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Were there any local areas doing shows, e.g. groups within neighborhoods or parks?

None were advertised, but on our way back home we saw at least 3. Tongue

I guess they don't advertise so non-neighborhood people flood their streets.
It was much the same here. If we saw them, it was a surprise pretty much everywhere. We were going to shoot some in the air ourselves, but our "ring leader" sort of felt uncomfortable with it not being legal. Don't blame him. Finna

sorry im late but yeah happy 4th
this is all i can think of though
[Image: PQbjk.jpg]
(July 6th, 2020 at 9:56 PM)Lain Wrote: sorry im late but yeah happy 4th

this is all i can think of though

You sound like a President (any of them, cause they all think like that).
Happy 4th!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee