Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

If you could be born in a different time period

So here's an interesting one. We have members from all different generations here on the community, so I'm very curious to see what people's thoughts are here. 

For me, it would be the 70s, only because I'd be in high school during the 80s. I've always been a big fan of the 80s, personally. 

If you could be born in a different time era, which would you choose, and why?

I was born in 1965, the 80s would be a great time, I would have loved to be born in the late 40s, I would have seen the 50s and 60s, with the crazy cars, Ford Mustang e.g., the drive-ins

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
I'd want to live as a cowboy in the wild west
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
Depends on if I could also choose my status at the time (to just not be slave/poor/peasant/etc). Ancient Rome would be cool. Colonial America. Roaring '20s. Post WWII.
Perhaps the early 1950s, so that I would have been growing up during the Space Race Tongue .

(Though, I would also have been growing up through the end of steam on Britain's railways... which would have been sad Sad )
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(July 5th, 2020 at 11:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: Perhaps the early 1950s, so that I would have been growing up during the Space Race Tongue .

(Though, I would also have been growing up through the end of steam on Britain's railways... which would have been sad Sad )

Then you have to deal with the whole Cold War nuclear-fears too though. Trade-offs for real.
(July 6th, 2020 at 1:00 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(July 5th, 2020 at 11:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: Perhaps the early 1950s, so that I would have been growing up during the Space Race Tongue .

Then you have to deal with the whole Cold War nuclear-fears too though. Trade-offs for real.

I don't think those fears have really gone away lol.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
For me it would have to be the 60s. I am an Environmentalist and I love music as well as nature. If I had been born back during Woodstock, I would have been there.
[Image: wJQ6N5d.gif]
Set made by me!  [Image: tgnF3i3.gif]
(July 6th, 2020 at 11:41 PM)Thomas Wrote:
(July 6th, 2020 at 1:00 AM)Guardian Wrote:

I don't think those fears have really gone away lol.

Well, they did for a while - but now, they've just been replaced with climate change fears Sad .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015