Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Drinks near a laptop, etc

Sad 
Hello good morning, are you also like me and put your coffee cup next to laptop printer cell phone etc?

Today it was time again, a  expensive coffee, because I acted carelessly, spilled the coffee, via printer (Brother MFC-L3750CDW) 500Euro, and it no longer works, moreover via the power bar, charging plug from my Samsung Indiktiv, charger, the plug also no longer works, makes a short circuit, fuses Fi in the house fall out. I'm such a jerk ... annoy me Angry

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Oh no!

I hate that. That's always the worst. Undecided

I spilled Red Bull on my work laptop last week, but luckily saved it and only have a sticky SHIFT and CAPS LOCK key.
(May 29th, 2020 at 12:24 PM)Guardian Wrote: Oh no!

I hate that. That's always the worst. Undecided

I spilled Red Bull on my work laptop last week, but luckily saved it and only have a sticky SHIFT and CAPS LOCK key.

Oh ... Red Bull Sticks like crazy ... shit

Slightly relevant, one of my buddies biked over to one of his friends' house to help him study for some math-related stuff (they're in the last stretch before uni and need to get their averages up for acceptance) and brought his iPad (Pro). That day had a pretty bad weather forecast, torrential rain in the evening so when he biked home, he got soaked and iPad got fried. Got quoted like a grand to repair it, typical Apple telling him to just buy a new one.

Thing is, it's just the display that won't turn on. So even though water damage isn't covered by insurance, he could try to claim it as just a display issue. He's diagnosed it as display since he can talk to Siri, get Siri to open YouTube and even if he can't see the screen, he can hear video and all that stuff. Like, as far as the internals go, it's fully functional.

He still hasn't told his mom, so now he's planning on either pulling some warranty fraud (which I'd help with), taking it to a third-party who'll only charge half the price (still steep for a highschooler who can't get a job in this economic climate) or as a last resort just getting something new (and maybe selling the device for a couple hundred) since he needs a decent laptop for school.
I have an incredibly bad habit of putting tea on or next to my laptop. I am so clumsy I'm surprised I have not spilled it yet.
Guilty as charged!

I've only had a couple of minor spills, though. Nothing major that's caused any major damage to the laptop; however, I have the uncomfortable feeling that my time will come Undecided ...
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Well, unfortunately the damage is great, charging station inductive Samsung € 59 defective, printer station Brother defective, power strip defective, laptop ok :-) Confused