Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Would you consider yourself a good writer?

Personally, I'd say I'm a decent writer, but I would never really be able to make a living off of it. The best I can do is make good grades on papers, but I still enjoy it.

So, are there any accomplished writers here at Makestation? If so, be sure to show us some of your writings in this board! Big Grin

I think I'm a fine writer. But only when I write about what I'm interested in.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I consider myself alright, but not "good" Tongue
I guess, but I'm not that good at grammatical aspects though.
For me, the grammatical aspects of writing have always had to feel "natural" for me to really get them. All of the crazy rules of the english language don't make any sense. I just have to go with my gut and work with what "sounds right" when a test is placed before me haha.

I do consider myself a good writer, but I don't have the patience to get beyond chapter two, usually.
I don't think I write particularly well and my grammar leaves a lot to be desired as well. I sometimes write for fun - anyone is welcome to take a look, if interested - this is the story of one of my bad little dogs http://www.garniesdogblog.com/?page_id=68 Although I really wrote it for myself if I had to give a genera it probably fits children's best

Admin - hope it is OK to post a link to my blog here if not I will undersand that it has to be deleted. I'm not trying to promote it, it is actually set up to be invisible to search engines, normally only shared with friends and through mutual interest groups.
Agandl

bigging up the little terrier Heart http://www.pawsitivelyterriers.com
(August 19th, 2013 at 11:58 AM)Agandl Wrote: Admin - hope it is OK to post a link to my blog here if not I will undersand that it has to be deleted. I'm not trying to promote it, it is actually set up to be invisible to search engines, normally only shared with friends and through mutual interest groups.

There is no issue with sharing links here. As long as it isn't spam or something of that sort, I don't really see the point in strict forum rules.

Anyway, I'm reading the post now. Big Grin

Thank you Smile
Agandl

bigging up the little terrier Heart http://www.pawsitivelyterriers.com
I don't like to evaluate myself. My writing skills are decent, but I am constantly trying to improve them by reading creative writing books and courses.

I haven't published anything yet, but I intend to do so in the next couple of years...
[Image: mrnc7tt5xg8n7y494418.jpg]
There is no such thing as a 'good writer.' There is always room for improvement. I do enjoy writing myself but I constantly practice and practice.
RPG lounge - forum for RPG lovers (and roleplayed... And writers)
http://rpglounge.forumotion.com/
(July 28th, 2013 at 7:11 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Personally, I'd say I'm a decent writer, but I would never really be able to make a living off of it. The best I can do is make good grades on papers, but I still enjoy it.

So, are there any accomplished writers here at Makestation? If so, be sure to show us some of your writings in this board! Big Grin

Well, I've been told I am a great writer. I've been told this by friends, strangers, and even one agent when I was looking for a literary agent before I decided to self-publish. I was compared to quite a few of my favorite authors, which really surprised me! Do I personally think I'm good? I think I'm decent. I know I am still learning, and will probably be learning for a very long time yet. I have more confidence in my writing than some of my fellow writers do, but I'm not conceited enough to think it's perfect and can't be improved upon.
Well, I can say I've been published and work as a professional editor. I also am a content writer for Eat Sleep Write (www.eatsleepwrite.net) and so on. I guess I could call myself "accomplished", but I don't fancy myself to be anything all THAT special. That said, I am well versed in publishing and the world surrounding it, so if any of you have questions I can certainly help you out!
I would say that I am a pretty decent writer. I've got some poetry that I would like publish along with a short story that I am going to turn into a book to help children learn the alphabet.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
I consider myself decent, but I'm always trying to find ways to improve. I work on poetry and stories alike, and I'm part of a pretty big writing community on Discord (for work) and the other members are always telling me I'm good when I share things, so.. Decent seems like the logical thought process, even if I can't win a contest yet. I won't give up. Smile