Poll: Rate your Software (for phpBB administrators)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's great. I'm very happy with it!
33.33%
1 33.33%
It's good.
33.33%
1 33.33%
It's okay.
0%
0 0%
Don't like it.
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

phpBB Users: Please Review your Software

Hello all, 

I've been a loyal MyBB user for many years, but phpBB seems to have come a long way in recent years. I'm not very familiar with it to be honest. It's more popular and more widespread than MyBB (and SMF as well), and the extensions and themes seem to be very good. It also has alerts and responsiveness out the box. 

I'm curious to see what administrators who use it think of the software. What made you choose phpBB as your software of choice, and what do you like most about it?

I actually didn't think phpBB was overtaking MyBB by any stretch of the imagination, but Google doesn't lie...
[Image: uzQmjB2.png]

[Image: cJEM3rc.png]

That's a good 11x MyBB's share.

I was always under the impression that phpBB was just harder to develop for because it was a lot more strict with plugins and whatnot, but wow, I guess they have improved in recent years.
I always thought that phpBB was a little lacking in extensions, but over the years, they've seriously improved. They've got some fantastic ones available now (probably even more than MyBB and MyBB is known for having amazing mods).

That said, there aren't really any premium mods that I know of for phpBB. That sounds like a good thing, but it's really not because premium mods are usually game-changers. If there isn't a market for paid plugins, developers never really make them in the first place, so phpBB doesn't have as many highly advanced mods.

I've used phpBB for what seems like forever. Only software I've really used for forums. Though I briefly used some free one that I don't even remember what it was YEARS ago. Used phpBB ever since for a good 8 or 10 years I wanna say? I'm comfortable with it and it fits my needs. Its gotten better over the years. Extensions are done so much better then they used to be. It used to be such a pain to put them on.
Dook, dook, dook!

[Image: Caludin.gif]
Why and why is my question? To be honest, I am considering switching to Phpbb. Mybb and its developers stand still and rigid, not moving forward. You are moving back, the attempt on Mybb 1.9 or 2.0 has failed. And not even creating a Mybb 1.8xx with a standard mobile theme shows me that the heads of the bosses are busy with way too much unnecessary junk

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Users have found a way to take advantage of a quirk in Reddit's blocking system Darth-Apple 2 1,169 December 25th, 2022 at 12:41 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Simple PhpBB theme (getting my feet wet) Darth-Apple 3 2,319 October 23rd, 2020 at 7:05 PM
Last Post: Megan
  Phpbb 3.1 Darth-Apple 2 15,068 October 29th, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  phpbb Nav Bar Off Position 3DWaffle1 0 3,382 November 11th, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Last Post: 3DWaffle1