Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Minecraft

It's gonna be a few weeks before I can get something final set up, but it looks like it's gonna be a thing. I'll install the mods that have been suggested as well, thank you guys.

I will most likely have family on the server as well, so while most people will be familiar faces, there may be a few others. My main concern is making sure that there isn't any griefing that goes on, DDOS, or otherwise. Are there any mods that can roll back the world (or sections of it) in the event that this occurs?

id say the best way to do that would be with some sort of land claiming plugin tbh.

i know on some servers they actually have like a changelog for each player that shows a list of positions they are in the world or whatever, so if something gets griefed and you have an approximate time, you can find the player who was there at the time and not only rollback the changes but also ban them.
I'll definitely look into and implement something of the sort. Thank you for the suggestions everyone!

So with the release of the latest update which massively redoes the nether I've upgraded my server to 1.16 and my friend and I are going to check it out in a bit.

I managed to delete just the nether so nothing important was lost Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I'm curious to check it out now. I haven't seen the new version yet, it will be interesting to see what all has changed.

4 new biomes, a new class of weapons armor and tools, new mobs, and all of it in hell!
Four new biomes in hell? They went above and beyond on this one. I'm very interested in playing it now.

4 new biomes... jeez. Interested to see, might have to play again. Tongue
Oh boy, time to create a new (singleplayer) world for exploring.
That is unless y'all get a server up and running in the next few days ;o
If y’all are waiting for mine, it’ll be a few weeks still. Tryna get some important stuff knocked out first.

(June 24th, 2020 at 10:37 PM)Lain Wrote: Oh boy, time to create a new (singleplayer) world for exploring.
That is unless y'all get a server up and running in the next few days ;o

Or you could just do what I've done: I'm still playing the same world I started back in 2012 Tongue . 

Granted, it's a complete mess (because the world generation has changed several times in the past eight years, and areas which generated as one biome are now classed as a completely different biome, meaning I've got things like deserts full of snow... but, I love its quirkiness Tongue .

As for the new Nether biomes... so far, I've only found a Crimson Forest in my current world, and even that is very small Sad .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(July 26th, 2020 at 8:54 PM)Kyng Wrote: Or you could just do what I've done: I'm still playing the same world I started back in 2012 Tongue . 

Now THAT is impressive. I... get tired of them quickly. Tongue
Very nice @kyng! How many houses have you built in the past eight years?

So I've been playing multiplayer but recently had to change server hosts, my friend and I wanted to give feed the beast a go, unfortunately my current host wasn't up to the task so I grabbed a creeper host one, seems stable so far, closer server too.
(July 27th, 2020 at 2:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Very nice @kyng! How many houses have you built in the past eight years?

Not that many, actually Tongue . I think I have about a dozen of them. 

My favourite of the lot is my Neuschwanstein house - which isn't quite finished yet, but I think it'll be quite impressive when it is! Here's a side-on view of what I've done so far: 

[Image: tmbp76g.png]

And here's a view from the main courtyard:

[Image: Q7qiT50.png]

The castle itself is probably about 95% done... it's just the landscaping around it that still needs finishing Tongue .

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(July 29th, 2020 at 8:55 PM)Kyng Wrote: Not that many, actually Tongue . I think I have about a dozen of them. 

My favourite of the lot is my Neuschwanstein house - which isn't quite finished yet, but I think it'll be quite impressive when it is! Here's a side-on view of what I've done so far:

THAT. IS. GLORIOUS!

Which mode do you play on?
Both of my daughters play Minecraft. They love building.
[Image: wJQ6N5d.gif]
Set made by me!  [Image: tgnF3i3.gif]
(July 30th, 2020 at 12:07 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(July 29th, 2020 at 8:55 PM)Kyng Wrote: Not that many, actually Tongue . I think I have about a dozen of them. 

THAT. IS. GLORIOUS!

Which mode do you play on?

I'm glad you like it! 

I did this in Survival; if I did it in Creative then I expect it would already be finished by now Tongue .

#ForzaJules 1989-2015