Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is the grocery store of your town?

I've lived in ~10 different places in my life time. As soon as you go a decent enough distance out from where you are at, the stores, restaurants, chains, gyms, and quite a few other things change. 

Here in my corner of NC, we have Sheetz for our gas station/restaurant (our version of 7 eleven), harris teeter and food lion for our stores, and a wallmart every 15-20 miles or so (even in bigger cities. We don't have too many walmarts surprisingly). Bojangles is also huge down here. Up north, Raising Caines was the equivalent to Bojangles (and was honestly better), but nobody has heard of Canes down in southern NC. 

What's in your town?

I've lived in too many places to count...

Back home we had Food World, Bruno's, and the larger regional Piggly Wiggly. As for fast food we had local favorite's Jack's and then Milo's (if you've ever had Milo's sweet tea, it used to be part of the restaurant chain).

Here where I am now, we just have Giant and Weis Market.
My town actually no longer has a grocery store. The ACME closed months ago and nothing new has popped up.
(March 7th, 2020 at 12:43 AM)Juneberry Wrote: My town actually no longer has a grocery store. The ACME closed months ago and nothing new has popped up.

Must be a smaller town I assume? Where do you guys normally get your food?

The city nearest to where I live has HEB and Walmart. There's no mall but there's a lot of department stores in shopping centers. Target, JC Penney, Belk, Bealls, Ross, Petsmart, and many others.
Where I used to live before the two Targets near me were huge and they had regular sized grocery stores in them (which in Texas means huge grocery stores). But the Target down here has a tiny grocery section.
I go to HEB. They have a great selection, and they have great store brands. I don't normally like store brands, but the HEB ones are fantastic.
Malls truly are on a downhill run. Outdoor malls are popular here. Our indoor mall is dying.

I've always liked Target. Most of them are pretty nice. There are some small ones here and there, and those are just... they don't feel liek a real target, as you say. Finna

(March 7th, 2020 at 12:47 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(March 7th, 2020 at 12:43 AM)Juneberry Wrote: My town actually no longer has a grocery store. The ACME closed months ago and nothing new has popped up.

Must be a smaller town I assume? Where do you guys normally get your food?

Actually, it's a suburb of the third biggest city in my state. :'D We take in a lot and I eat a lot of frozen food, because it costs a fair bit to get a lyft to Trader Joe's in another town.
Ahhh, I think I grew up in a similar situation. Big city nearby, but my town was small and there was, quite literally, nothing there. Finna

we have the main ones. king soopers, Safeway, Whole foods.

then we have the local ones, Alfalfa's and Lucky's market (only two left now, whole foods bought the rest and turned them into whole foods), and Sprouts.

outside of that... I've no clue, I've not seen another one.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(March 7th, 2020 at 2:29 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Ahhh, I think I grew up in a similar situation. Big city nearby, but my town was small and there was, quite literally, nothing there. Finna

Actually there's a lot right near my apartment complex. I can walk to Walgreens and a bunch of other stores in a strip mall easily.
We only have a baker, a farmer with chickens and eggs, an organic farmer with fruits and vegetables, and a farm butcher

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
We have an IGA in this little town.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
We have Sheetz(which is a gas station and sells coffee drinks as well as food), Walmart, JG Food Warehouse, Save-A-Lot, and several dollar stores.
[Image: wJQ6N5d.gif]
Set made by me!  [Image: tgnF3i3.gif]
I think is one called "Chedrahui" that's is basically a regional Walmart
https://es.foursquare.com/v/chedraui/4c5...7fbb0f6cdc

But for the daily normaly I but on local veggie stores and butcher shop
[Image: fleet.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is the traffic in your town? Darth-Apple 8 4,305 August 3rd, 2020 at 4:07 AM
Last Post: Kim Winchester