Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coronavirus

Yeah, and people are still having large parties and even worse intentionally making a joke of it. Officials saying 2 weeks from now will be the peak... I doubt it.
I just heard that on the news about 15 minutes ago. They’re saying 467,000 people will he hospitalized in one day. I presume this means that 467K will be in the hospital, not that there will be 467K new ones, but that’s a mind blowing number no matter how you look at it.

I wrote a post on Facebook saying that we should take it seriously and not tolerate people who don’t. There are people here who are making light of it and purposefully putting themselves and others in harm’s way. After posting about it, I got called from some a** who are “salty” and feel “attacked.” The person who called me was exposed to the coronavirus and is supposed to be in quarantine. They’re instead on tinder and doing you know what.

This is altogether a scary situation. It’s not convenient to anyone. It makes it worse not knowing what the true outcome or extent will be.

I'm more Libertarian than the next guy, but people are being ridiculous. I don't see how hard it is to just stay TF at home. I'm working from home, so most of that time is occupied anyway, then the rest I enjoy with my family or foruming/gaming. I'm set. Others, I don't get how they're in such a spot they still feel they need to go out. Nearly everything is closed anyway.

The people being cute and coughing on produce or people, or knowingly spreading things, should be very heavily penalized financially. Make them pay the victims. Cough on a stores produce? You just paid for their entire produce section to be thrown away. Knowingly exposed but didn't quarantine? Those you got sick, you are now responsible for their hospital bills.
Reported casualty from the building I work in. Undecided
That’s awful @Guardian. Sorry to hear of the news, hope that there are no more for you guys.

I've been waiting for my test result for 12 days ....

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Wow, that's a long time...

Hope they get them back to you soon!

(April 2nd, 2020 at 2:55 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: That’s awful @Guardian. Sorry to hear of the news, hope that there are no more for you guys.

Same. I hate it, but totally blame the leadership where I work. They were trying to ride it out until absolutely forced to have people at work. Pisses me off.
There are a lot of people that are still saying "Oh, it's another flu." Like no, it's not.

Their argument is that "Oh, there are a ton of cases that aren't being reported, and they don't include those in the death rate. Therefore, I'm not going to take it seriously..."

Umn, no. But they're like talking to a brick wall until people die.

Stay safe out there. Crazy world we're in.

Yeah, I had that impression early on, but still didn't do things to put people or myself or family in harms way just in case, because why risk it. I think the worst part of this one is just how contagious it is and how quickly it spread around the world. Even if the symptoms are like the flu, the way this spreads and how non-immune we are as a population is what makes it more dangerous I think.
I agree. That's the part that's scary.

Someone at work is claiming to be exposed to it, bus is not taking it seriously and is refusing to go home. We believe she's lying (probably as an excuse to call out), but a lot of people have confronted her about it because if she's telling the truth, she's knowingly exposing a lot of people.

It is very strict here in Austria. ok we are a small country with 9 million inhabitants, one of which was and is now your terminator Schwarzenegger. We have a ban on collections, some of which are prohibited. protective mask mouth, sorry  i dont no whats the Name in English is :-( .... are mandatory in shops when shopping .... and as my family has been tested, unfortunately we have been waiting for our result for 13 days, now it would be over and we would no longer be a virus carrier

Whats the name from This ? and immediately a drag and drop image test :-)[attachment=undefined]

Attached Files Image(s)

(April 3rd, 2020 at 3:17 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I agree. That's the part that's scary.

Someone at work is claiming to be exposed to it, bus is not taking it seriously and is refusing to go home. We believe she's lying (probably as an excuse to call out), but a lot of people have confronted her about it because if she's telling the truth, she's knowingly exposing a lot of people.

I say let her use it. We had someone that was out for her kids being sick (flu) in the early weeks. Management thought she was using it and told her to get tested and provide proof. She told them it was not COVID and they continued to think she was using COVID as the excuse. She's on my team and I told her that regardless of what they say, she is not to come in while any of them are symptomatic with anything, just in case. She was able to telework, so she was to do that until otherwise directed. Then they forced everyone out of the building anyway.

I would rather be safe than sorry, because now with our managements mindset in the early part of this, we now have 2 confirmed COVID casualties from our workplace.
Update on this. There was a little more to the story on it and I didn't go into detail enough.

In any case, she refused to go home. We turned up some more information and it turns out that she's told people five different stories, and we're not sure if she's been exposed or not. She's claimed that she got tested, but she says she got tested last night and the results came back negative. An obvious lie. You can't get tested that quickly.

She did it for attention as best we can guess. Anyway, they're planning to fire her for it.

You would have to know her to understand what I mean. She's a bit of a pathological liar, and she's the kind of person who dresses up nice and demands stuff for "being attractive."

(April 3rd, 2020 at 4:40 PM)tc4me Wrote: Whats the name from This ? and immediately a drag and drop image test :-)
I just call em face masks, but most people around here just call it a mask as a general term. Most people know what it refers to.
I guess the proper term would be Protective Air-filter face-mask or something, and in the case of the blue ones (surgeons) they also have a moisture barrier, so that could be another clarification. But, honestly just mask or face mask will do lol.

(April 3rd, 2020 at 8:54 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Update on this. There was a little more to the story on it and I didn't go into detail enough.

In any case, she refused to go home. We turned up some more information and it turns out that she's told people five different stories, and we're not sure if she's been exposed or not. She's claimed that she got tested, but she says she got tested last night and the results came back negative. An obvious lie. You can't get tested that quickly.

She did it for attention as best we can guess. Anyway, they're planning to fire her for it.

You would have to know her to understand what I mean. She's a bit of a pathological liar, and she's the kind of person who dresses up nice and demands stuff for "being attractive."

GF told me a while ago about some dumb teen '''instagram influencer''' who went on a flight to cuba or some shit (vacation destination) and once the plane took off he told people around him that he recently visited Wuhan and was feeling sick, which made the plane do a full 360 and fly backwards back to the original departure airport (ofc he only did it for attention.)

I've made it very clear to her and everyone around me (family, friends, owner at the coffee shop I frequent) that if I get any bullshit like that from anyone (or if I hear from anyone about someone giving people shit like that), I'm breaking kneecaps, no cap. You f*** around, waste people's time and money? You're gonna eat chips of concrete off the curb without any teeth left. Screw voluntary quarantine, I'll make sure you physically can't leave your room.

/rant
(April 3rd, 2020 at 8:54 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Update on this. There was a little more to the story on it and I didn't go into detail enough.

Yeah, if it gets that far they're just trying to use it. Makes sense to get rid of them.
I've gotten to where I err on the side of caution, just because I've dealt with and currently have incompetent management that can't decipher stuff like this on their own and just assume and make stuff up to suit them.

(April 3rd, 2020 at 9:44 PM)Lain Wrote: GF told me a while ago about some dumb teen '''instagram influencer''' who went on a flight to cuba or some shit (vacation destination) and once the plane took off he told people around him that he recently visited Wuhan and was feeling sick, which made the plane do a full 360 and fly backwards back to the original departure airport (ofc he only did it for attention.)
POS. He should be held financially responsible for the entire cost of the flight (to the airline) and have to reimburse all that took the flight. I hate these people.
(April 3rd, 2020 at 9:44 PM)Lain Wrote:
(April 3rd, 2020 at 4:40 PM)tc4me Wrote: Whats the name from This ? and immediately a drag and drop image test :-)
I just call em face masks, but most people around here just call it a mask as a general term. Most people know what it refers to.
I guess the proper term would be Protective Air-filter face-mask or something, and in the case of the blue ones (surgeons) they also have a moisture barrier, so that could be another clarification. But, honestly just mask or face mask will do lol.

GF told me a while ago about some dumb teen '''instagram influencer''' who went on a flight to cuba or some shit (vacation destination) and once the plane took off he told people around him that he recently visited Wuhan and was feeling sick, which made the plane do a full 360 and fly backwards back to the original departure airport (ofc he only did it for attention.)

I've made it very clear to her and everyone around me (family, friends, owner at the coffee shop I frequent) that if I get any bullshit like that from anyone (or if I hear from anyone about someone giving people shit like that), I'm breaking kneecaps, no cap. You f*** around, waste people's time and money? You're gonna eat chips of concrete off the curb without any teeth left. Screw voluntary quarantine, I'll make sure you physically can't leave your room.

/rant
Thanks for

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronavirus Mask Laws Darth-Apple 4 3,021 July 12th, 2020 at 1:45 AM
Last Post: Double Knot