Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

I'm kind of glad I work from home - I make my own hours which is simultaneously awesome and terrible, LOL!
I work in the service industry, so I don't really have that option. They are talking about promoting me in the near future though, which is exciting news. Big Grin

Today was a hard day at work, I am about ready to hang my boss' dad. Tongue
Yesterday was horrible for me as well. I got yelled at by the GM a couple times for being out of it, so yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Meh, I'm looking for a new one right now anyway. I hope things improve for you with your job situation.

Things aren't that bad, he can just get on my nerves sometimes, other than the occasional annoyances by him, things are awesome.
Waiting, waiting, waiting for day in MC Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Good evening folks. 14 hour workday today... Tired.
Been there done that. Not fun. Tongue

What do you do?

Lost my job Smile so work hours don't concern me anymore.

Yeah... what do you do?
I do Cyber Security/Information Assurance.
(July 20th, 2014 at 7:26 PM)Guardian Wrote: I do Cyber Security/Information Assurance.

Ah, interesting. I'm surprised that's a field that has 14 hour shifts. As soon as I saw that 14 I wondered whether it had something to do with the evils of the food industry. Tongue

(July 21st, 2014 at 1:40 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Ah, interesting. I'm surprised that's a field that has 14 hour shifts. As soon as I saw that 14 I wondered whether it had something to do with the evils of the food industry. Tongue

It usually doesn't, unless something happens or something is about to happen. Tongue Some weeks I feel like I barely do anything, then others I'm crazy busy.
My activity here has been a little lower than usual, due to me being very busy working on the next version of the site. We will be upgrading quickly, so it's something to be excited for.

My schedule is getting a little busier again, time to say hello to 3 hours of sleep in a night once more. Tongue

Well Smile as long as you're working on something we all love. Not that it would matter Tongue whatever you need to get done comes first.
Spotlight of the hour is officially gone. I plan on (eventually) doing a better plugin for it, but that buggy piece of code that was never updated is finally gone. It didn't even let me edit announcements via the ACP, and I'll be surprised if anyone here actually paid attention to that useless waste of space in the header.

The new board announcements plugin we're replacing it with will be available for MyBB 1.8 very soon. If anyone is interested in helping test, I have a working backport of the plugin for 1.6 that is in use here and at another forum. The status feed plugin will probably be ready to test within 1-2 weeks as well. Big Grin

I may be willing to test Smile but then again, I might want to be surprised by the new Makestation and all of it's new and nifty stuff.
How has everyone's weekend been? Smile
Pretty hectic. Working more hours at my current job while looking for a new one will have anyone busier than usual. How has yours been?