Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

(November 29th, 2020 at 4:10 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: So how's everybody doing?

Enjoying life while I can! Tongue

Moving and reorganizing a bunch of stuff within the house to make room for another. Confused

What's up with you?
(November 29th, 2020 at 1:00 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(November 29th, 2020 at 4:10 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: So how's everybody doing?

Enjoying life while I can! Tongue

Moving and reorganizing a bunch of stuff within the house to make room for another. Confused

What's up with you?

I know it's been a few months since this last post. How's everything going with the baby today?

@Guardian I'm doing ok, dealing with an unexpected issue with the jeep, trying to get my a+ so I can get a job that pays more... I keep getting offers too but I can't take them rn because most are short term.

How's things with your offspring?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(February 8th, 2021 at 6:33 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian I'm doing ok, dealing with an unexpected issue with the jeep,

Never fun. Undecided

(February 8th, 2021 at 6:33 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: trying to get my a+ so I can get a job that pays more... I keep getting offers too but I can't take them rn because most are short term.
Everything helps. Have to weight the short-term gained benefit over your current gig. Always hard to weight the short-term knowns with the longer-term unknowns.

(February 8th, 2021 at 6:33 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: How's things with your offspring?

Kids great. He's huge! Besides being tired its alright. The biggest challenge is dealing with the 3-year old who is having a hard time coming to terms with the fact theat she's not the only baby anymore. Tongue
@Guardian as the eldest sibling I kinda get it but my sister and I are About a year apart so it's not meant as much as it probably does to them.

I have been on the receiving end of that behavior though...
It's tough being the successful kid from a family who raised two generations.
(February 9th, 2021 at 6:39 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian as the eldest sibling I kinda get it but my sister and I are About a year apart so it's not meant as much as it probably does to them.

I have been on the receiving end of that behavior though...
It's tough being the successful kid from a family who raised two generations.

Yeah, I'm the oldest of my siblings by 3 1/2 and 10 years respectively. Tongue I don't remember anything from the first one, so I guess that should end fine.
How's everyone been?

I'm starting to get prepped for a cross-country move (early stages). With that, work, family, etc. life has been pretty hectic.
Everything is good here except for the Covid 19 SHIT, everything is locked down again

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
got a job interview later this week which pays $21 an hour to start so looking forward to that.

had to get my jeep out of the tow yard yesterday because some a** got it towed when I was visiting a friend, the tow company were complete jerks and wouldn't even let me get it right away giving excuses and junk instead of just letting me get my car back and paying whatever fee.

and I lost my wallet last week so I've been trying to get that sorted as well....

at least I have evil genius 2 to look forward to.
it sounds like a mixed week for you for sure,
although , thats nice pay out the 21 $
Sports fanatic
(March 30th, 2021 at 7:06 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: got a job interview later this week which pays $21 an hour to start so looking forward to that.

had to get my jeep out of the tow yard yesterday because some a** got it towed when I was visiting a friend, the tow company were complete jerks and wouldn't even let me get it right away giving excuses and junk instead of just letting me get my car back and paying whatever fee.

and I lost my wallet last week so I've been trying to get that sorted as well....

at least I have evil genius 2 to look forward to.

Up and Down Week

@tc4me pretty much yeah

@brian51 definitely.

here's what really annoyed me about monday though...

the tow company wouldn't accept my debit card, cash only (no idea why?)

and the nearest ATM, was 2 miles.

I'd ubered down there and had my sister with me because my wallet was lost previously...

2 miles is kinda ridiculous yeah?
Ok, that means for me: in the USA the towing companies are just as stupid as here :-)

Good stuff Spook! Good luck!

tc4me: Tow companies are sharks here. Mostly unethical practices to make a buck.
Funny thing is, the tow was legitimate, it was just that the company were a** about it. Their cameras only point towards the lot and it's right next to an airport...

If I really wanted payback I could rig up some drones to drop eggs and paint on their back lot to make towing my Jeep a net loss. Doubly so because all they'd see is darkness from it being at night and then the thunk of things hitting the ground lol.
(April 21st, 2021 at 2:27 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: If I really wanted payback I could rig up some drones to drop eggs and paint on their back lot to make towing my Jeep a net loss.  Doubly so because all they'd see is darkness from it being at night and then the thunk of things hitting the ground lol.

That is some brilliantly devious stuff right there. Tongue
(April 21st, 2021 at 4:50 PM)Guardian Wrote: That is some brilliantly devious stuff right there. Tongue

Perks of being a mad scientist and engineer type lol.

So... My boss raised my pay by $2.26 an hour yesterday.

Only thing I asked last month was if there were any positions in the contracting agency that would make better use of my skills now that I have my a+ cert.

Hopefully contributing to the technical documentation directly is enough, gods know it's old and has more gaps than swiss cheese.
(April 22nd, 2021 at 4:40 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: So... My boss raised my pay by $2.26 an hour yesterday.

Only thing I asked last month was if there were any positions in the contracting agency that would make better use of my skills now that I have my a+ cert.

Hopefully contributing to the technical documentation directly is enough, gods know it's old and has more gaps than swiss cheese.

That's awesome! Good stuff! Cool