Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

In 2011 we had the actual temperature at 120F (48C) and humidex... heat index brought it up as high as 125/51. So yes, humidity makes all the difference.
Right now though the southwest is extremely hot... Phoenix is undergoing the same conditions... locally as hot as 130/54. That must be.. fun.. to say the least Tongue

As for winter, it doesn't exist here. We just call it a cool (and occasionally cold) spring. But I've seen low temperatures here drop to as low as 10F/-12C with wind-chill down to 0/-17 but that's not cold compared to places further north.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
120F? That's... unsafe. Even Florida doesn't see temps that hot very often.

I've honestly NEVER seen 120F in either Florida or Louisiana. Must be pretty uncomfortable, even without humidity.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Heck yeah. I don't think I'd be able to really handle anything above around 105 or so.

The highest I'd seen when I lived in Tennessee was about 101... and I think that was the hottest I've lived in my life.

I've been in 106 before. I took a 20 minute walk and came back soaked. It's definitely not pleasant.

Ouch. Must suck to feel like you were just swimming and turns out you were just having a walk in the park Tongue.

Yeah, that's not fun. I couldn't really handle more than 20 minutes. Even that was a stretch. Tongue

So, do you like hot weather or cold weather better?

With the humidex (the "feels like" temperature) I've had the unfortunate experience of 50 degrees (122 fahrenheit)...
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
That's halfway to boiling point on the celsius scale...

It was about 38*C without the humidex. That was a horrible day... the electric grid was strained that day. No blackouts in my area that day, but some areas did lose power.
If it's so hot that there is a power outage, I'd say there is a serious issue. Tongue

Yeah, especially because then you normally lose A/C if you don't have a generator.

Most A/C systems cannot really handle that kind of heat anyway.

In Outback Australia 45+ degrees C is not uncommon in the summer. Even in Melbourne summer heatwaves can hit 43
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
Oh wow, that's pretty insane. Not sure I could handle that. Tongue

On a side note, I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning, and will be back late in the week. I won't have internet access, but moderator_1 will be watching over the community in the four days I'm out. Big Grin

Bye Blake we'll be sure to blow the site up while you're gone!  Big Grin