Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

This thread is pretty simple. We'll just keep a general chat going much like a chat room, but on a forum where it will also increase your postcount. Big Grin

I'll start us off. Is 85 degrees considered "hot" where you live?

Probably. Haven't talked to the locals much though. Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I guess you're still new to the area. It takes a few months to really get situated.

In my area, 85 is perfect. It's been in the lower 90s this week and it has been a little hot, but not unbearably hot or anything.

In my opinion, 85 is perfect. But when it's too humid (like right now) it's unbearable.

Yeah, the humidity makes all of the difference. On a humid day, even 75 degrees can make you sweat.

Though this humidity isn't permanent 100%, like Florida. It's so sticky sometimes it seems you can't breathe.

Florida is the worst. I love the state, but I cannot stand the weather, despite having lived there for years.

Yeah, when I lived there, the humidity wasn't as unbearable. But every time I go back, sometimes I just want to confine myself in an airtight chamber forever D:

I have a cousin there who literally puts on like three layers of clothing in the winter at 80 degree weather. In my mind, that's just insane.

...Seriously?

I'm not kidding... It's strange. Tongue

Florida is indeed hot. Unfortunately it can very humid here too.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
That's surprising. You wouldn't ordinarily expect a lot of humidity up north, but I've lived up near there and it can be hot up there as well. Learn something new every day I suppose. Tongue

We get systems that bring the moisture up to us. During the summer it isn't uncommon for us to see humidity in the 60% range or higher. Often times temperatures can be 34*C without humidex, with humidex it's closer to 44-48*C.
I think 75% humidity is when it really begins to feel pretty sticky, especially if you add the heat. We see that a lot down here.

Unfortunately us too, especially during heat waves. A few summers back was brutal. Didn't rain at all during July, iirc. Maybe 5mm of rain, that's it. The grass went yellow, we then had a mild winter and then another super hot summer.
Seasons can be really odd sometimes. We've had an odd winter here twice in a row, and there are indications that we'll have another weird winter coming as well. Never ends Tongue

In TN, our winter was... interesting. We had the biggest snow in a while. While the previous winter was dry.