Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

ok, so here was the fan, that is mechanical fan, an option would be to convert to an electric fan, there are only advantages, no disadvantages, the engine warms up faster and the electrical system brings more cooling, with less stress on belts

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
if the fan does not belong on the water pump?

Ok Sorry ... yes its so ok !!

Attached Files Image(s)

Unfortunately I don't speak English well enough to understand that, but the fan conversion should be really good

@tc4me ok so the first one you pointed out is the fan pulley, 4 bolts screw into it, then the fan attaches to the bolts, and nuts screw down onto them holding it all together

There are 2 fans.  The mechanical one and an electric one.
There's a different fan that goes into the water pump pulley in a different setup.

Luckily I have a dual hybrid fan setup.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRWFgnfULwMzEpErLONR...k&usqp=CAU]

That's a fan and clutch assembly for that pulley.

[Image: DSC02140.jpg]

And that's the fan unit I need to buy/salvage for it.
The whole thing was trashed in the accident.

@Guardian

What kind of Jeep is it? I've been finding the more I work on mine, the more I'm assured that it was a good choice since the parts have been super easy to replace so far.
Honda's are good cars too but I really dislike box engines now after that whole timing chain thing.

On my Jeep it's behind a plate behind part of the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley.
On the Honda, you need to take the top off the entire engine, replace a gasket, and it's kind of a pain to get to.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 17th, 2020 at 10:15 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @tc4me ok so the first one you pointed out is the fan pulley, 4 bolts screw into it, then the fan attaches to the bolts, and nuts screw down onto them holding it all together

There are 2 fans.  The mechanical one and an electric one.
There's a different fan that goes into the water pump pulley in a different setup.

Luckily I have a dual hybrid fan setup.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRWFgnfULwMzEpErLONR...k&usqp=CAU]

That's a fan and clutch assembly for that pulley.

[Image: DSC02140.jpg]

And that's the fan unit I need to buy/salvage for it.
The whole thing was trashed in the accident.

@Guardian

What kind of Jeep is it? I've been finding the more I work on mine, the more I'm assured that it was a good choice since the parts have been super easy to replace so far.
Honda's are good cars too but I really dislike box engines now after that whole timing chain thing.

On my Jeep it's behind a plate behind part of the harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley.
On the Honda, you need to take the top off the entire engine, replace a gasket, and it's kind of a pain to get to.

perfect, but look at that, the plastic fan would be technically better, unsprung mass would be less and better for the visco

(June 17th, 2020 at 10:15 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian

It's not a REAL Jeep. It's a Jeep Patriot. Tongue 

I can agree with that. I've had better luck with it than some other cars.
@Guardian Nothing wrong with the Patriot. After all it's what replaced mine lol. Honestly the suv jeeps are arguably better because they have more room for mods and can work great as mobile camping rigs.

Check out the commanche camper sometime roflol.
(June 17th, 2020 at 1:44 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian Nothing wrong with the Patriot. After all it's what replaced mine lol.  Honestly the suv jeeps are arguably better because they have more room for mods and can work great as mobile camping rigs.

Check out the commanche camper sometime roflol.

I have to preface it, as I've had a few Jeep owners get all huffy about it. Tongue

It definitely does the job.
@Guardian I'll always have nice things to say about Cherokees guardian. I learned to drive on one as a kid 'with a manual tranny as well!', and I'm beginning to really appreciate the vehicle as a whole. The seats are super comfy when you sit in them for hours like on a road trip. The AC is just about perfect. You have nearly 360 degrees of vision like sitting in a watchtower. It's easy to repair without a mechanic. It's got room for just about anything. It can haul a trailer for camping or cargo with a decently powerful engine. And in an accident you're inside a roll cage and the frame/panels can take an impact generally better... Even be restored from stuff that would kill most cars. Honestly the down side is that it's not aerodynamic... But in real world tests I was getting 26mpg on the highway.

And the Patriot follows that design philosophy, so if any improvements were made on that then I'd say it's a great car and elitists can shove it.
With the wife taking the Jeep since the kid was born, I've forgotten a lot about it. Driving it again feels good. Can't believe how much I missed it. I put all my miles on the car to try and finish it off (finally)! Now I have some cleanup work on the Patriot, but otherwise looking forward to it.

Side note: I drove a Geo Tracker back in the day (yes, laugh away). I flipped it 3 times and it came out physically unscathed. I'm sure the Jeep is on par, but that tiny roll cage saved lives. Didn't expect it with the flimsy top.

lol
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
That's funny. Tongue
You never know. Cars used to be much tougher than they are now. These days, they just seem to crumble on impact.  Undecided Dodgy

(June 23rd, 2020 at 12:36 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: You never know. Cars used to be much tougher than they are now. These days, they just seem to crumble on impact.  Undecided Dodgy

All by design apparently.

I think its another way to sell more cars. More cars totaled equals more cars needing to be bought.
It’s true. As ridiculous as it is, they have somehow managed to make cars less reliable and more expensive to own as time has gone by. Finna

Taking my daughter to go see some fireworks tonight!

Happy Independence Day to the Americans here.

Happy good riddance day any Brits here. Congrats on getting rid of us. Tongue
(July 4th, 2020 at 12:06 PM)Guardian Wrote: Taking my daughter to go see some fireworks tonight!

Happy Independence Day to the Americans here.

Happy good riddance day any Brits here. Congrats on getting rid of us. Tongue

Happy 4th of July. I'm glad to see that it's still being celebrated, albeit very differently this year. Finna

Yeah... the fireworks were a bust. Could barely see them not immediately next tot he stadium they were shooting from. My daughter didn't seem to care, she was just happy to be running around. Tongue