Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

good ol guys, cheers. -just passing by tonight. have a great evening or day whichever timezone you are in
Watched a dance recital today, now taking a break from housework to post.

I really need to cut grass...
@Guardian: I'm surprised you haven't modified a mower into a lawn droid lol.
but man is the smell of fresh cut grass nice Big Grin
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:03 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Guardian: I'm surprised you haven't modified a mower into a lawn droid lol.
but man is the smell of fresh cut grass nice Big Grin

Well, the one I do have is fully electric, battery-powered. It runs for two hours, batteries charge in 2 hours. I have two sets of batteries and I can mow all day without worries of running out of gas, changing oil, etc. 

Technology for the win!
Guardian: what you need is a mower with one of those bio-batteries, that way you can feed the grass directly into the battery and it'll convert the complex carbohydrates and sugars into electrical power Big Grin
(June 10th, 2018 at 3:52 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Guardian: what you need is a mower with one of those bio-batteries, that way you can feed the grass directly into the battery and it'll convert the complex carbohydrates and sugars into electrical power Big Grin

Tongue That would be cool, for cutting other peoples grass. I mulch it when I cut it and lay it back down for nutrients. I am trying to build up my soil for gardening, etc. 

Once I get solar panels, the battery cost would be negligible anyway. Just need to get cheap solar.
guardian: ah so you do what my grandfather does then with the grass, smart Tongue
we've got solar here, cost $0 since we got a subsidized solar solution, our electric bill last month was $7... with the AC running.

then that company went under and so the solar panels are ours not leased in exchange for excess power.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:27 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: ah so you do what my grandfather does then with the grass, smart Tongue
we've got solar here, cost $0 since we got a subsidized solar solution, our electric bill last month was $7... with the AC running.

then that company went under and so the solar panels are ours not leased in exchange for excess power.

Yeah, bit of an Ancient.

Wow, that's cheap! That sucks for that company, win for you.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:44 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:27 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: ah so you do what my grandfather does then with the grass, smart Tongue

Yeah, bit of an Ancient.

Wow, that's cheap! That sucks for that company, win for you.

right? we weren't going to have to pay for them anyway but basically the deal was this.

we let them install solar panels on our house, we volunteer to help (learning how they work in the process), they get any money from any excess power we generate to pay for the cost of the equipment.

said deal is now void in that we now get the money from any excess power we generate and don't have to pay for anything Tongue

still... I wish I had another 5 grand, I'd double the surface area the panels cover Tongue
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:52 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: right? we weren't going to have to pay for them anyway but basically the deal was this.

we let them install solar panels on our house, we volunteer to help (learning how they work in the process), they get any money from any excess power we generate to pay for the cost of the equipment.

said deal is now void in that we now get the money from any excess power we generate and don't have to pay for anything Tongue

still... I wish I had another 5 grand, I'd double the surface area the panels cover Tongue

That's not half bad. Wish I could get something like that. Tongue

I do know a guy that got free siding for a greenhouse so the company could take pictures and advertise it. Tongue
today is the day net neutrality is officially dead...but i dont see anything that would suggest my internet has been tampered with...such as slow speeds and blocked content.. maybe it will take a few days or weeks
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:33 PM)VSS Wrote: today is the day net neutrality is officially dead...but i dont see anything that would suggest my internet has been tampered with...such as slow speeds and blocked content.. maybe it will take a few days or weeks

The Pro-Net Neutrality crowd has fear mongered like crazy. Everything will work out in the end. A truly neutral net would be unregulated. If a business regulates speeds, people will go elsewhere. 

Just MO.
(June 11th, 2018 at 10:16 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 3:33 PM)VSS Wrote: today is the day net neutrality is officially dead...but i dont see anything that would suggest my internet has been tampered with...such as slow speeds and blocked content.. maybe it will take a few days or weeks

The Pro-Net Neutrality crowd has fear mongered like crazy. Everything will work out in the end. A truly neutral net would be unregulated. If a business regulates speeds, people will go elsewhere. 

Just MO.
And thus the decentralized democracy begins
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:36 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: And thus the decentralized democracy begins

I prefer a decentralized Republic. Cowboy
(June 12th, 2018 at 1:49 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 11th, 2018 at 11:36 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: And thus the decentralized democracy begins

I prefer a decentralized Republic.  Cowboy

Bah, I'd prefer a democratic technocracy with a focus on quality of life and the betterment of the whole, let's let the people come up with the ideas and vote on things but have the hard stuff mediated by experts Tongue
because social democracy is only partially there lol.
iam guessing this net neutrality thing will be rolling out in increments, state by state..and when it finally comes to california where i live, congress would already have a solution to block the dismantling of NN, thus restoring it..then i would have piece of mind.
(June 12th, 2018 at 4:21 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Bah, I'd prefer a democratic technocracy with a focus on quality of life and the betterment of the whole, let's let the people come up with the ideas and vote on things but have the hard stuff mediated by experts Tongue
because social democracy is only partially there lol.

Nah, I prefer people that are capable required to put into society to pull from it. I prefer voluntary charity for those that can't. I do think there can be improvements on creating equal opportunity for people.

Notice, I said opportunity, not giving them anything.

(June 12th, 2018 at 4:54 PM)VSS Wrote: iam guessing this net neutrality thing will be rolling out in increments, state by state..and when it finally comes to california where i live, congress would already have a solution to block the dismantling of NN, thus restoring it..then i would have piece of mind.

CONgress VSS, not Progress. They won't fix anything. Everything they touch gets worse. Confused
i concur..anyways, just passing by tonight.. moving my body to the great sounds of bsj.fm uk's smooth jazz station, yeh baby. i always listen to smooth jazz when iam online