Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

nice!  Cool
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
wow, man Guardian !

this musta been a big gaming day for you ?
or did you have to spend the day setting up and stuff ?
Spent all my free time that day just setting stuff up. I haven't completely transferred everything over, as all of my other time has been playing games that were subpar on my laptop.

This thing is awesome!
guardian, you ever thought about getting a VR setup for it?
(July 15th, 2017 at 4:04 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian, you ever thought about getting a VR setup for it?

Nope. Not yet anyway. Letting things evolve and waiting for cost to go down first. 
well I have an oculous, got it early but it runs great... I'm thinking about getting a vive though at some point since that works in linux without being as fiddly as the oculus is.
spook thanks for the  update on your VR situation

I have wondered what is up with that currently Smile
no changes really brian, the oculus is for use on my desktop using an interface I'm working on, though I'm seriously considering something far more powerful involving technomancy type tech if I can just get my hands on a neural interface... until then though I'm kinda stuck with what I've got.
(July 16th, 2017 at 5:58 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: no changes really brian, the oculus is for use on my desktop using an interface I'm working on, though I'm seriously considering something far more powerful involving technomancy type tech if I can just get my hands on a neural interface... until then though I'm kinda stuck with what I've got.

Give it time. It will come. Tongue
ok picture this for a second.
a motor control reading implant with super high accuracy (95% +), typing in stuff on a command line as I think it, now imagine practicing that until the inputs are happening so fast your limitation is how fast you are able to input the text on the screen in front of you.
now take that a step further and use that portable wearable computer I made, immerse yourself in the command line and focus 100% on it.

I feel bad for the person who goes into cyber-warfare with someone like that.
You are now a Cyborg.
I'm not so sure, but it is certainly getting there.
(July 17th, 2017 at 5:42 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I'm not so sure, but it is certainly getting there.

Tongue As I said.

(July 16th, 2017 at 6:25 PM)Guardian Wrote: Give it time. It will come. Tongue
lI am a Cyberdyne Series T800 model 101 Infiltration unit, Metal Endoskeleton with an artificial flesh covering. Cool
(July 20th, 2017 at 4:29 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: lI am a Cyberdyne Series T800 model 101 Infiltration unit, Metal Endoskeleton with an artificial flesh covering. Cool

Tongue

Can't wait to see what's in store for the upgrades. 
Tongue maybe I should go full on warhammer 40K and get some super heavy duty (read, Nuclear bomb to the face proof), armor and a hand held particle gun lol.
Just a heads up, before I forget. I am going out of town next Wednesday, and will be gone for about a week. I will try to check in here when I can, but its not looking like I will have much off-the-road time.

Just so you guys aren't wondering if I abandoned you. Never.
You're good! I've been out a bit myself as I've been moving. Hope your trip was good.