Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zalost's Minecraft Player Journal

currently working on the road to the second village, I did a quick block count and from the spawn area along the road to the village is just over 1 Kilometer, that's a heck of a hike, but I've done more IRL so I can say it seems farther than it is.

edit: Here's an updated map showing the progress on what I'm calling Route 1 which goes from the spawn area (endeavor), all the way to the far village (athena)

[Image: dtR1RkM.png]

Edit: correction, just finished the 1km stretch from endeavor to athena and cleaned up athena a bit, you know how village spawns are lol.

the road goes all the way now
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
That's great! I love when villages are relatively close. Makes thing much nicer.
if anyone else comes across any I'll see about building roads to them, alright?
Perfect! Might help out too.

What are your thoughts on rail if they are really far away?
honestly I've been thinking about it I mean that second village is 1 km from spawn, the map limit right now is 10x10 km, that's a long ways to run rail but i could see it being used for something near the edge, if anyone ever gets out that far.

reminds me of the time I worked with a friend of mine to build a rail connection between an underground city I was working on and the spawn, 2.5km's completely underground, went under the freaking ocean.

took all day to build lol.
(August 10th, 2017 at 11:34 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: honestly I've been thinking about it I mean that second village is 1 km from spawn, the map limit right now is 10x10 km, that's a long ways to run rail but i could see it being used for something near the edge, if anyone ever gets out that far.

reminds me of the time I worked with a friend of mine to build a rail connection between an underground city I was working on and the spawn, 2.5km's completely underground, went under the freaking ocean.

took all day to build lol.

I've done that before. It was pretty awesome when it was done... then the server crashed.  Undecided

Ok, just wasn't sure if you were fine with rail or had a preference or not. 
guardian: I'd honestly prefer a mixture of both footpath/road and rail, options are always good and a server wide network would be cool

maybe eventually when more people join they'll start towns or something.
EDIT:
so rail... something like this?

[Image: j9aDLrk.png]

that connects to athena about 1KM away, but it can be setup with stations to connect to much farther off places.
That's a fancy rail station. I made it to Athena, having rail is much quicker than walking, but both are nice options. Need to explore more to find new towns, or just create one.
guardian, have you tried traveling by horse or donkey?

EDIT: also I've extended route 1 onward to another village, there's a 3rd village in the plans for being connected along the same route
I don't think I've EVER travelled that way in MC. I guess I need to try it. Boat, road, and rail are my usual.
(August 12th, 2017 at 1:44 PM)Guardian Wrote: I don't think I've EVER travelled that way in MC. I guess I need to try it. Boat, road, and rail are my usual.

it's great, and donkey travel adds the ability to have storage on your mode of transport  Big Grin
I also have never traveled that way in mine craft...

I didnt even know you could..

is it because of a newer update that you can now ?
I'm loving that little mountain village. Had to set up a little fishing hut not too far from it.
I'm thinking I may post a public link with a whitelist, let me know what you guys think?
sure, i am all for it

but no one answered my question in my last posting ?
oh! yeah sorry brian.

yeah horses and donkey's have been a thing for a couple years now, originally they were a mod but MOJANG pre-microsoft worked with the mod author to make it part of the official code. Cool

since then there's been a lot of animals added over time including llamas, polar bears, bats, rabits and different kinds of fish along with the original sheep, pigs, cows, dogs/wolves and cats/ocelots.

in fact... I saw some llamas on the way out along route 1, maybe I'll wrangle some up and bring them back to my farm since they provide wool same as sheep.
Spook,

thanks for your reply..

You have always given the best and most detailed replies to questions of just about anyone I have known online..

I just want to let you know its been  appreciated , all these years Smile

.. and that is really fantastic how they have added such a diverse array of animals to this game..

I had no idea !
yeah I believe the polar bears are the most recent addition to the game, you can find them in the frozen/ice spire biomes in the game but those are far and few between.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zalost's Sims architect journal SpookyZalost 4 6,855 April 30th, 2018 at 12:44 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost