Poll: Your favorite chain supermarket?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Walmart
27.27%
3 27.27%
Target
9.09%
1 9.09%
Kroger (includes CityMarket, Smith\'s, QFC, King Soopers, Dillons, etc)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Safeway (includes Pak\'n Save, Tom Thumb, Vons)
9.09%
1 9.09%
Loblaw Companies (such as RCS, Superstore, and many, many others)
0%
0 0%
H.E.B. (in Texas and New Mexico)
18.18%
2 18.18%
Sobeys (and its banners)
0%
0 0%
Other
27.27%
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your favorite chain supermarket

There's a fierce competition between various supermarket chains. Some are good, others aren't. It's a waste of money, because no chains are going anywhere anyways.

So that said, which one do you prefer? Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
I voted others because HEB is my favorite.
HEB is a texas store that started in South Texas in the 1930's and is to my knowledge, only in Texas.
I'm a name brand kind of guy, but HEB's store brands are super good and I don't mind eating those.
I haven't actually heard of HEB, but it seems like a nice place.

I personally like my local Harris Teeter, but that's not a common place all over the US. It's not really a supermarket. It's really a grocery store, but it's nice. As far as major chain supermarkets, I don't particularly care for Wallmart, but it's cheap and usually has what I need, so I like it more than most others.

I voted for Kroger. We usually shop at Kroger back in Texas and up here in Colorado, we shop at CityMarket & / King Soopers.

H.E.B. is just as good though.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Our local Sobeys underwent a renovation recently and ot is nor gorgeous. Selection improved too. Not the cheapest grocer, but I like it. They could be considered my favourite. However my shopping is dine over several stores, including Superstore and Walmart. Costco too. Codtco has amazing meat.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I didn't know they had costcos up there. Costco is a great place for sure, as long as you're able to pay for the membership and everything.

Yea they have over 80 warehouses up here. Different product assortment like most chaons that come here (very different markets... you would probably be sirprised when visiting the Canadian version of some American mega chains...). We had Sams Club for a bit but they only ever had 6 locations and Walmart closed them because of Costco competition and to focus on opening Sipercentres here. Those were fairly new to Canada at the time.
I think costco has always been better than Sam's Club anyway.

We in Australia have a main food-supermarket duopoly through Coles (Westfarmers) and Woolworths (Safeway).
Then there are smaller ones like IGA and Aldi.

My favorite is IGA because it's cheap and it has all I need.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I go to Publix when in Florida. Otherwise, I go to GIANT.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(June 18th, 2013 at 1:06 PM)t3haco link Wrote: I go to Publix when in Florida. Otherwise, I go to GIANT.

Man, PUblix is awesome! It's where we go when we're in Florida. And they're literally everywhere. I counted no less than 40 in the 2 counties we were in. Their bakery is really awesome, too.

An interesting shakeup happened in the grocery industry up here in Canada. Last week Sobeys announced it was buying out Canada Safeway from Safeway US for $5.8 billion. It will give the company a huge presence increase in the western provinces, outside its traditional Atlantic stronghold. It'll solidify its position as second largest grocer in Canada, and could finally give Loblaw a run for its money...
I used to live in Florida, and publix is great. They seemed a bit expensive to me, but other than that it was a nice supermarket.

I love Walmart, because I can buy stuffs for very cheap.
I personally love Trader Joe's. They're better priced than any of the supermarkets I've been to in my town, and they have a great variety of special stuff. Best of all, they have a lot more food my dad (who has a corn allergy) can eat.

The local supermarket has changed like 3 times since I've lived in this apartment. I didn't really like any of them. :/
I like king Soopers, not just because it's right next to work but because they have the most variety of different foods. Including almond pockey. Plus they've been the most receptive if you ask if they can get an item they don't have. It's why we have Thomas brand English muffins, an east coast thing that took off here after my grandparents requested it back in 1973.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
A local one here called Giant.

I think a bit more pricier, but usually better options on organic stuff than others nearby.
(February 5th, 2020 at 9:51 PM)Guardian Wrote: A local one here called Giant.

I think a bit more pricier, but usually better options on organic stuff than others nearby.

Sounds like the Luckey's markets we have here.

They got bought by whole foods though... Which got bought by Amazon a few years later.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(February 6th, 2020 at 7:55 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Sounds like the Luckey's markets we have here.

They got bought by whole foods though... Which got bought by Amazon a few years later.

I guess similar then. This one used to be called Bloom, and got bought by a German company, then proceeded to by Food Lion and some other smaller ones in the area.