Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LESS

LESS is a CSS extension language, as described on Wikipedia:

Quote: LESS is a dynamic stylesheet language designed by Alexis Sellier. It is influenced by Sass and has influenced the newer \"SCSS\" syntax of Sass, which adapted its CSS-like block formatting syntax. LESS is open-source. Its first version was written in Ruby, however in the later versions, use of Ruby has been deprecated and replaced by JavaScript. The indented syntax of LESS is a nested metalanguage, as valid CSS is valid LESS code with the same semantics. LESS provides the following mechanisms: variables, nesting, mixins, operators and functions; the main difference between other CSS precompilers being that it allows real-time compilation via LESS.js by the browser. LESS can run on the client-side and server-side, or can be compiled into plain CSS.

Do you use it? I just started using it in a web design I'm making for an anime club.

You can read about it here: http://lesscss.org
The fact that it supports actual programming is a huge advantage. I'll have to check it out.