Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rate your internet service provider

Well, it seems outside of the Americas, ~100mbps is the norm. It makes me jealous :|
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
100mbps costs a fortune in most places. Even for webhosting it's hard to get at a cheap price.

Yeah, it's sad that North America's (or the US's) internet is so substandard compared to say, South Korea.

Sad thing is that it's overpriced at that. Then again, I use a lot of data, so the higher bill isn't for no purpose.

I've seen some ads for FiOS quantum lately. I might try it out, assuming they're actually telling the truth by saying speeds are 300x faster than usual Tongue

300x faster? Wow... That's awesome.

The only problem with ultra fast internet is that most webservers can't really serve content that fast, so it ends up not going to good use. Many websites are hooked to 100mbps connections on the servers, so yeah. 1gbps connections are becoming more popular though, so we'll see.

Yeah, according to FiOS, the fastest plan is 65 up/300 down

That's still pretty awesome. From what I hear, monthly tranfer stats aren't capped either, so unless you're using like 20TB or something, you can actually make use of the speeds.

Though my problem is I probably couldn't afford that. Maybe in another life Tongue

You can compare fios quantum to comcast, cable, or FiOS here (pardon the double post)

I've been on a 60MBPS connection... it was wonderful. Big Grin My normal one is only 14mbps, though. And a very low bandwidth cap.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
The bandwidth caps are the worst. Mine is like 40GB, but I never use that much because the internet is so slow that it's practically impossible to actually use that much data. I can't really download large files because of that.

New state, new house, new speeds! http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2927022516

(image link: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2927022516.png)

Not bad. 8mbps is good for an upload speed as well. Big Grin

I want Fios so bad. I can't believe they still don't have it here. I have Comcast and words can't describe how much I hate them. I used to not care what they did but ever since the first time they cut out the internet, I have really grown to detest them. The worst part is I swear both sides rub it in your face. I keep seeing Fios and Comcast ads everywhere. I'm not surprised that the DOJ lets them be a monopoly. Money talks you know.
I've heard that the company/organization/group/whatever that managed FiOS expansion has halted their work, so FiOS has only been maintaining their existing networks. I'd be interested in doing more research into that though.

I'd rate mine 2/5. It always goes down, and is usually quite slow.
I'd rate mine a 3/5. Randomly, it will stop providing me with internet and I'll be forced to wait however long just to get back on again.

My internet provider is Windstream, I believe. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [US] Cell Provider Darth-Apple 14 6,369 August 1st, 2020 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Thomas
  Rate your cell service provider Darth-Apple 26 36,833 November 28th, 2019 at 7:49 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost