Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cold showers

I recently started taking cold showers for the health benefits and the nofap challenge. I have taken 5 1/2 so far. My first one was on easy mode where I turned the water to cold-ish at the end. Then after that is when I started going in very cold from the beginning. I noticed the several mental benefits after every one. I hope that it's a habit I never break. I have very little experience with them but so far they are great. 

Can we have a discussion about cold showers?
I have never tried it. I can't bare to wake up in the morning and be blasted wity cold water. I don't think cold showers are for me. Tongue
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(December 1st, 2014 at 11:56 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I have never tried it. I can't bare to wake up in the morning and be blasted wity cold water. I don't think cold showers are for me. Tongue

I actually took my first morning one today before work. I was tempted to turn it to hot then cold at the end but I read some reports from various people that leaving it on cold the entire way through teaches good self control.
(December 1st, 2014 at 9:45 PM)Urban Wrote:
(December 1st, 2014 at 11:56 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I have never tried it. I can't bare to wake up in the morning and be blasted wity cold water. I don't think cold showers are for me. Tongue

I actually took my first morning one today before work. I was tempted to turn it to hot then cold at the end but I read some reports from various people that leaving it on cold the entire way through teaches good self control.

Hmm, I might see if I can dare myself to sit there for 10 seconds with the show on cold. I wonder if I would physically be able to do it?
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(December 2nd, 2014 at 12:11 AM)Harry K. Wrote: Hmm, I might see if I can dare myself to sit there for 10 seconds with the show on cold. I wonder if I would physically be able to do it?

First world problems... Tongue

(December 2nd, 2014 at 12:11 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(December 1st, 2014 at 9:45 PM)Urban Wrote:

Hmm, I might see if I can dare myself to sit there for 10 seconds with the show on cold. I wonder if I would physically be able to do it?
You may want to ease your self in. Turning it to cold while standing under the water will send you into shock and you'll regret it. I recommend turning it to cold and starting with your hands, arms, feet, face and slowly your chest then back.
I might try this for tomorrow's shower. I know that if it's in the morning, cold showers stand no chance for me if I have another option. I enjoy the indulgence. Tongue

Just got done with a cold shower. I was turned on to them last year and I love them! They definitely make winter seem less cold when it arrives.

I am sold on them, definitely a fan.
eh I prefer Scalding hot showers, they just relax my aching muscles too much and help me sleep better after work and the gym
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(July 28th, 2017 at 7:27 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: eh I prefer Scalding hot showers, they just relax my aching muscles too much and help me sleep better after work and the gym

See, I love the cold ones even more after a game or a hard workout. Nothing beats it. 
I'll have to take guardian's side here, after a long run cold showers feel so much better, especially in this weather. Otherwise they're absolutely unbearable [Image: monkey.png]
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
^^^^^^^

I don't disagree but it's really dry out here so we don't have the humidity problem Y'all have, still since I work at night hot showers make more sense since I'm not up during the heat of day.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
My only experiences of cold showers have been purely accidental - and it's not an experience I'm keen on repeating any time soon >_< .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
I've taken some before. XD Usually after work when I was hot (in the summer) and having worked in the grill I sweat my butt off. So it feels really good then.
Dook, dook, dook!

[Image: Caludin.gif]