Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aco's Alternate History

I'm a big fan of the alternate history genre. I frequent alternatehistory.com. I also like strategy games, so combine those with writing, and the result is a good basis for an alternate history timeline. This next passage I'm going to show to you is a draft of what could be my first TL. It's based off of the AAR Paradox Hohenzollern by Wiz, which can be read on LParchive here. If you read that, you'll understand what's going on here. 

The Zuhriman Wars Part 1: Revolution (1760)
The 18[sup]th[/sup] century had been a troubling time for Iberia and the Tahirid Dynasty. Following the overthrow of the former Hammadid Dynasty, Iberia had lost most of its American and Jadakali colonies to revolutionaries. What had remained of the Iberian Empire were the very northeastern and southern parts of Jadakal, and Iberia's colonies in Africa. While the Tahirids had made somewhat of a comeback going further into the century, their iron-fisted and brutish rule, combined with the stigma of being a foreign-born dynasty, had led to the Iberian Revolution of 1760. Supported by Mazula, thousands of Iberians who were deported to Mazula by the Tahirids led a revolution, that with the support of Iberia's lower classes, successfully overthrew the Tahirid Government in Iberia. These revolutionaries were led by Ibn Zuhriman, a genius in the art of war who was notably stout. This revolution would open the door to nearly six centuries of conflict between revolution vs. reaction, republic vs. monarchy, and old order vs. new order. 

Of course, this is only a draft. The final product will probably be a lot more polished, wordy, and will include fancy portraits and maps too. But for a draft, I think this will suffice.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
America ain't losin' no colonies in the 18th century. Tongue

I like where it is so far. Looking forward to the next "revolutionary" update. Tongue

Thanks. I'll probably make a map so you can visualize the world here.

I love AARs! Even better with maps. I love new and interesting maps.

I'm also a Paradox fan myself. CKII and EUIV being my favorites.
Didn't expect that. Tongue Yeah, I've enjoyed Paradox games for a while now. The original AAR/LP that this TL is based on has a good amt of maps. I should be pushing out new writings for this pretty soon. Along with a revision of the first chapter.