Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Official] Personal Milestone Thread

I just wanted to alert Guardian , he is getting very close now to a major posting milestone,

750 postings !!!
Sports fanatic
(March 10th, 2018 at 12:09 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: exactly, it's how I post stuff over there when I write short fiction, you can use the index to go to different posts in a story and skip over the comments if you want too.

Check it out if you want to see how it's setup

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...re.554262/

Ok, I will give them that. That looks interesting. 

(March 10th, 2018 at 12:47 AM)brian51 Wrote: I just wanted to alert Guardian , he is getting very close now to a major posting milestone,

750 postings !!!

I'm getting there. Tongue
Congrats @Guardian, even if it's a tad early! Tongue

@Zalost: I actually really like that idea. I think it'd be a great feature to implement here, and if we end up doing it, I'll probably write a plugin that we can release on the MyBB site too, maybe to help get a little more attention this way.

If we were to write a plugin for our software to implement this feature, would you want to see it implemented the same way that the forum you linked implemented it, or do you have any different ideas on how it might work over here? (E.g. having a thread with an "index mode" button at the top. When clicked it takes you to a new page and only displays the posts you've marked, but in the same view and style as the normal thread view. Not sure if we'd do it that way or not, but it's just an idea. Of course we'd probably get a little creative about it no matter how we approach it. Tongue)

Plugins would definitely be a great way to drive some more people this way!

...and 750 is official.
Guardian congrats on 750 !!

this one of our more major milestones here !
Sports fanatic
Thanks. Shooting for that 2nd place on the list.
really Big Mile stone here ...

500 TH posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sports fanatic
Congratulations Brian! Big milestone for you!! Big Grin

(April 1st, 2018 at 9:59 PM)brian51 Wrote: really Big Mile stone here ...

500 TH posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations man! It's about time! Tongue

Good stuff. Glad you hit it.
thanks !
next up for me is sim link and 5th place with 546 postings
and guardian you are now closing in on 800 quickly !!
Sports fanatic
Simlink is missed for sure. I haven't seen him around in ages. He had a website of his own and we used to work together on quite a few projects. He actually designed our logo that we use to this day and has done several for us in the past, and helped with a lot on SM too.

@Guardian: your count is increasing quickly I see... Finna

(April 4th, 2018 at 3:42 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Simlink is missed for sure. I haven't seen him around in ages. He had a website of his own and we used to work together on quite a few projects. He actually designed our logo that we use to this day and has done several for us in the past, and helped with a lot on SM too.

We should find a way to mastermind his return...

(April 4th, 2018 at 3:42 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: @Guardian: your count is increasing quickly I see... Finna

I do what I can. Cool
(March 11th, 2018 at 2:22 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Congrats @Guardian, even if it's a tad early! Tongue

@Zalost: I actually really like that idea. I think it'd be a great feature to implement here, and if we end up doing it, I'll probably write a plugin that we can release on the MyBB site too, maybe to help get a little more attention this way.

If we were to write a plugin for our software to implement this feature, would you want to see it implemented the same way that the forum you linked implemented it, or do you have any different ideas on how it might work over here? (E.g. having a thread with an "index mode" button at the top. When clicked it takes you to a new page and only displays the posts you've marked, but in the same view and style as the normal thread view. Not sure if we'd do it that way or not, but it's just an idea. Of course we'd probably get a little creative about it no matter how we approach it. Tongue)

honestly even a basic version would be a great idea.

there's a secondary mode by the way, you can view it in reader mode so it only shows posts in the "index"
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Guardian.

i just want to make sure your fully aware, that your next posting is quite an important one Smile

You have forgotten your personal post count milestones in the past Angel
Sports fanatic
Ah haha the big 800. Finna

Hey look at that, I guess I'm at 800 now. Tongue

Thanks for that, I would have blazed past it without noticing.

Couldn't have done it without you!
Well thats quite the accomplishment getting to 800 postings here..
Very few have done it,

Congrats, Guardian
Sports fanatic
Thanks, only 3 so far. You'll get here. So will Spooky.

Now I just need to catch Acko.