Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Official] Personal Milestone Thread

thanks Big Grin I like tesla Tongue figured I'd pick a good quote of his  Cool
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
ya. you guys continue to be close Smile
But i still have a long ways to go to catch Sim Link, about 100 posts or so ..
I am now past 450 postings Smile
niiice
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
wow I just realized that the RGB cable thread was my 50th thread, I'm rapidly gaining on aco for 2nd place in number of threads... guess that really says something huh?
yes congrats !

I agree its a very important category or a goal..
Threads more so than posts. They keep activity up and give us more to talk about. Nice work Spooky, keep it up!
Congrats!

I'm kinda surprised to see an active crowd here and really miss you guys and being a part of the community. I've been pretty freaking busy with my personal life as of late but I'll try and see if I can get some stuff posted around too.

(March 4th, 2018 at 2:49 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: I'm kinda surprised to see an active crowd here and really miss you guys and being a part of the community. I've been pretty freaking busy with my personal life as of late but I'll try and see if I can get some stuff posted around too.

This is the only case where I've seen a community just reappear overnight after a few years hiatus. Pretty crazy, and awesome! Just goes to show, just cause you're not doing well at one moment, no telling when things can pop back up.
it is my birthday today

I am 56 years old Smile
Sports fanatic
(March 4th, 2018 at 8:34 PM)brian51 Wrote: it is my birthday today

I am 56 years old Smile

Well congratulations Brian! Hope it's a good one!  Cool Happy Birthday!
(March 4th, 2018 at 5:36 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(March 4th, 2018 at 2:49 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: I'm kinda surprised to see an active crowd here and really miss you guys and being a part of the community. I've been pretty freaking busy with my personal life as of late but I'll try and see if I can get some stuff posted around too.

This is the only case where I've seen a community just reappear overnight after a few years hiatus. Pretty crazy, and awesome! Just goes to show, just cause you're not doing well at one moment, no telling when things can pop back up.

Haha true that. Never know lol. Tongue

And we didn't need a redesign or a conversion to another forum software either. Tongue

(March 7th, 2018 at 3:49 PM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: Haha true that. Never know lol. Tongue

And we didn't need a redesign or a conversion to another forum software either. Tongue

I know! Nothing is wrong with the theme, and I love MyBB more than others.

Honestly, if you would have switched to XF, I probably wouldn't have ever come back. Tongue I don't know what it is... I just hate it.
Not a fan of XF either. It's great for a lot of people but I've never really liked the feel of it. Never was discussed here. Tongue

We did, however, briefly discuss IPB not too terribly long ago, but I think the general consensus was pretty much to stick with MyBB. Works great for us, haha. Big Grin

IPB is better, just a little. Personally, I am not a fan of paying for software that has equivalent or better available as freeware. I'd rather donate to the freeware project than pay for a license.
you know there's a nice feature on the XF based Spacebattles forums where when you put your posts in an index you can read just the indexed posts rather than the filler in between, great for writing stories
Spooky: So basically you can flag posts in a thread, and then go to a separate view where you can only view the flagged posts, in order? E.g. if you were writing a project in a multipost format, and you had comments in between each of your updates, but wanted a separate view for displaying the entire project as one page?

exactly, it's how I post stuff over there when I write short fiction, you can use the index to go to different posts in a story and skip over the comments if you want too.

Check it out if you want to see how it's setup

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/...re.554262/