Poll: What is your favourite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
IPB
21.05%
4 21.05%
Xenforo
21.05%
4 21.05%
phpBB
5.26%
1 5.26%
MyBB
42.11%
8 42.11%
SMF
5.26%
1 5.26%
vBulletin
0%
0 0%
Elkarte
0%
0 0%
Burning Board
0%
0 0%
YaBB
0%
0 0%
Other
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is your favourite forum software?

I still think Xenforo is the best paid forum. MyBB seems to have won tho. What?? lol
(February 24th, 2021 at 1:50 AM)zoldos Wrote: I still think Xenforo is the best paid forum.  MyBB seems to have won tho.  What?? lol

I think the eighth word of your post offers a clue Tongue .
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
There are some very large forums that use phpBB. They have done a fantastic job on it really. It's definitely not at the level of xenforo or otherwise, but i don't think it's necessarily trying to be. It's good, simple forum software. I prefer it that way, really. The bells and whistles are nice but they don't necessarily always contribute to making a good community.

phpBB 4.0 does have some very radical design changes that are in the pipeline, but the phpBB 4 branch is still years away. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the design as of right now, but we will see. I think they are planning on making it highly advanced sometime down the road.

(March 3rd, 2021 at 5:17 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: There are some very large forums that use phpBB.

I know sites that are still running a (modified) phpBB 2.

That said, I think my answer is obvious.
(March 2nd, 2021 at 10:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: I think the eighth word of your post offers a clue Tongue .

Cool I've tried MyBB.  I just didn't care for it.  Been using Xenforo exclusively since at least 2014. Big Grin
(March 3rd, 2021 at 5:17 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: There are some very large forums that use phpBB. They have done a fantastic job on it really. It's definitely not at the level of xenforo or otherwise, but i don't think it's necessarily trying to be. It's good, simple forum software. I prefer it that way, really. The bells and whistles are nice but they don't necessarily always contribute to making a good community.

phpBB 4.0 does have some very radical design changes that are in the pipeline, but the phpBB 4 branch is still years away. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the design as of right now, but we will see. I think they are planning on making it highly advanced sometime down the road.

I find phpBB's admin structure to be obtuse and not really well organized....
@zoldos what are some good forum softwares you've encountered that aren't on this list?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(March 4th, 2021 at 4:29 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @zoldos what are some good forum softwares you've encountered that aren't on this list?

I can't think of any. hehe I've used/tried most of the ones listed.  I used VB right before Xenforo, and before VB, I used IPB, and before that, phpBB. Big Grin
(March 3rd, 2021 at 7:28 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(March 2nd, 2021 at 10:13 PM)Kyng Wrote: I think the eighth word of your post offers a clue Tongue .

Cool I've tried MyBB.  I just didn't care for it.  Been using Xenforo exclusively since at least 2014. Big Grin

Yeah, that's understandable: from what I've seen of XenForo, it's far superior to MyBB if you can afford it. (TBH, the main reason why I opted not to go to XenForo was because I didn't want to buy it, and then find a week or so later that it didn't fit my requirements. I think it's unlikely that that would have happened - after all, the most serious issues would have been caught during my 3-day demo - but, it wasn't worth the risk IMO)
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
(March 8th, 2021 at 8:01 PM)Kyng Wrote: Yeah, that's understandable: from what I've seen of XenForo, it's far superior to MyBB if you can afford it. (TBH, the main reason why I opted not to go to XenForo was because I didn't want to buy it, and then find a week or so later that it didn't fit my requirements. I think it's unlikely that that would have happened - after all, the most serious issues would have been caught during my 3-day demo - but, it wasn't worth the risk IMO)

What requirements?  I mainly love the template system. Course, in XF 2.x, they completely changed that. It's one of the reasons I can't/won't upgrade! lol