Makestation
What email provider do you use? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: What email provider do you use? (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2

What email provider do you use? - Darth-Apple - June 1st, 2013

My primary email address is on Gmail, and I have my secondary email on hotmail. (I also have others that I never use. )

what email providers are you guys using?

Re: What email provider do you use? - Durfsurn - June 1st, 2013

I have an Optusnet one with my phone and a personal gmail. I also have a school email.

Re: What email provider do you use? - Acko - June 8th, 2013

Gmail

Re: What email provider do you use? - simlink - June 10th, 2013

outlook (formerly hotmail) for me. I only originally got gmail because of my phone which runs Android. Some website stuff I do is also gmail but for actual personal email its always sent via outlook.

Re: What email provider do you use? - Acko - June 10th, 2013

I used to have a hotmail account, but that was because my gmail account wasn't working with CSGf. I only recently stopped using it (back in April)

Oh nice. I never really stopped using my personal gmail that is for my phone... it is essentially mu junk one when I enter a contest, for example, to win groceries by filling a store survey out. My yahoo one is just for facebook and filters into my main hotmail account to folders anyways...

Re: What email provider do you use? - Darth-Apple - June 10th, 2013

My main account gets way too much email, and not much of it is stuff I really care about. 95% is website reply notifications, facebook notifications, etc...

My simlinksimcity email is like that. but my personal one has a lot of sorting filters so emails from different sites go to different folders.

Ah nice. I should try that myself. It would be a huge help for sure.

Well, I don't actually use my email for normal stuff. Just for forum account activations and such.

I've even heard of people ditching email entirely. It surprises me in a way, but then again facebook has already replaced it in many aspects.

Yeah, email has been pretty much the standard for messaging on the internet. I don't think everybody is going to completely abandon it, but technologies like IRC are certainly better for say... emergencies, where you instantly need information.

Speaking of IRC, everyone thought it would die too, and it's stronger than it's ever been. Just look at the freenode channel list... Tongue

You have 400 posts Huh

Re: What email provider do you use? - simlink - June 30th, 2013

I definitely won't be dropping email, especially with the field of work I'm entering into. Email is an essential form of communication.

Re: What email provider do you use? - Darth-Apple - June 30th, 2013

I think that forms of media such as facebook have only really replaced the forms of communication that are primarily social in nature. For professional purposes, I think email will always have an advantage.

Re: What email provider do you use? - simlink - June 30th, 2013

I'd agree with that, personal emails tend to be replaced with Facebook. Not in all cases, but in many yes.

Re: What email provider do you use? - wasi90lk - July 20th, 2013

I have email account on Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, AOL.

Out of these four, I tend to use Hotmail the most.