Makestation
Last time you used a VHS player - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Technical Arts (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Technology & Hardware (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Last time you used a VHS player (/showthread.php?tid=827)

Last time you used a VHS player - Darth-Apple - February 2nd, 2014

So when was the last time you ever used a VHS player?

It's been years since I've even had one, so I have not used one in a while. I actually do not have a blu ray player yet though. Maybe when I get my laptop... Tongue

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Acko - February 2nd, 2014

Must have been 6 to 7 years ago.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - bench91 - April 23rd, 2014

You are taking me back with this thread, a VHS player? that's what l grew up with and my children don't even have a clue what one of them isSmile l have a blue ray and dvd player and my children know how to use them though, l do still see VHS players in shops but only in a small number, soon they will be gone for good.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Darth-Apple - April 23rd, 2014

What's weird is that I still have a pretty sizable collection of VHS tapes I can't play. It's not like I really care about any of them anyway at this point though.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Takedon - April 23rd, 2014

I've never used it, apparently. I think they have disappeared in 1998 and, since then, I didn't care anyway. I wasn't that much of a tech savvy in the 90s.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Sabs - April 24th, 2014

I don't remember but I still have mine. There's a lot of content we have on tape. In fact there is too much content so I will always have something to watch if I can't watch through other means. Many of them are Disney movies so the VHS was a good part of my childhood.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Acko - April 24th, 2014

Probably around 10 or so years ago, but I still have tons of classic tapes.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Ebelle - April 24th, 2014

Gosh... I don't know if I can even recall. I would say I probably used one 6-7 years ago at least, and I'm not even that old at all. I'm not sure if I even have one around here anymore. It's quite strange to think a piece of technology I used constantly as a child is nowhere to be found in any modern day homes, including my own. I wonder if any of the new generation even know how to operate a VHS player?

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Darth-Apple - April 24th, 2014

It's not hard to operate one. It may take some getting used to over the idea that a tap would actually have to be re-winded though. Tongue

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - SpookyZalost - June 3rd, 2017

wow VHS... it's been over a decade now since I use my computer for everything, and I usually look for laser discs rather than VHS tapes when I want to watch a movie like that... no re-winding, better quality, but VHS is a classic, it's practically free these days to get one and watch movies on it... if you don't mind composite video quality.

RE: Last time you used a VHS player - Guardian - June 4th, 2017

My wife still uses our surprisingly often. She gets a feeling for a classic and settles in for a movie night.