Makestation
Speed limits - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: Poll Booth (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Speed limits (/showthread.php?tid=813)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Speed limits - SpookyZalost - January 2nd, 2019

so they expanded the speed reductions, we've been getting 5mph reductions in speed limits all over the city over the past few months... it kinda sucks because some of these roads are driven as alternatives to the highway and I guess the more upper class neighborhoods are pushing it to reduce traffic on them?

RE: Speed limits - Guardian - January 2nd, 2019

(January 2nd, 2019 at 2:04 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: so they expanded the speed reductions, we've been getting 5mph reductions in speed limits all over the city over the past few months... it kinda sucks because some of these roads are driven as alternatives to the highway and I guess the more upper class neighborhoods are pushing it to reduce traffic on them?

Usually its residents that push for these cuts, or the locality realizes they can increase revenue through tickets by reducing speed limits.

RE: Speed limits - SpookyZalost - January 4th, 2019

(January 2nd, 2019 at 2:26 AM)Guardian Wrote: Usually its residents that push for these cuts, or the locality realizes they can increase revenue through tickets by reducing speed limits.

it seems to be a mixture of both in this case unfortunately

RE: Speed limits - Kyng - June 5th, 2020

I'm a slow driver to begin with Tongue .

Still, I'll try to stick to the speed limit... I might go a little over, but only when I'm holding other drivers up.

RE: Speed limits - tc4me - June 6th, 2020

I am one who always drives too fast, maybe because of my job, firefighter, because I drive the fire engines, I also have all the authorizations, ladder trucks, etc

In my private life I also find fast bikes and my Audi S6, and I don't have the vehicles to drive slowly, unfortunately the police penalties are very expensive :-)

RE: Speed limits - Towncrafter - June 6th, 2020

I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.
It's very crazy around here.

RE: Speed limits - Guardian - June 6th, 2020

(June 6th, 2020 at 3:15 PM)Towncrafter Wrote: I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.

I live in a state where 80 mph is automatic reckless driving charge (even in a 70), but if you go 80mph you WILL get passed a lot.

RE: Speed limits - campingrhino - June 6th, 2020

I'm generally pretty good with this as I have a telematics box that tracks my speed. However, it actually checks to see if my speed is comparable to other drivers in the same areas which I imagine is over the limit so I've never had a fail on that one.

RE: Speed limits - tc4me - June 6th, 2020

Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

RE: Speed limits - Guardian - June 7th, 2020

(June 6th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)tc4me Wrote: Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

Dream come true! Cool

RE: Speed limits - tc4me - June 7th, 2020

(June 7th, 2020 at 2:27 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 6th, 2020 at 9:09 PM)tc4me Wrote: Well that's our advantage, with us and in Germany there are highways without speed limit :-), Big Grin

Dream come true! Cool

Yes , But what exactly is measured here is the distance to the vehicle in front

RE: Speed limits - SpookyZalost - June 7th, 2020

I still drive at the speed limit. Doubly so now since I lost that entrapment case with the county sheriff.

The city cops are chill but the sheriff around here is always looking for an excuse.

RE: Speed limits - tc4me - June 8th, 2020

(June 7th, 2020 at 2:27 AM)Guardian Wrote:

Dream come true! Cool

RE: Speed limits - Altair - June 17th, 2020

(June 6th, 2020 at 3:15 PM)Towncrafter Wrote: I go the speed that traffic is going but don't go above 80 m.p.h., but I live in a state where going 80 on the highway means you're going to get passed.

That is crazy.  Not sure I would want to be in that state. 
-- 
I always end up speeding above the speed limit without realizing it. The highway I always end up going ten miles above the speed limit.

RE: Speed limits - Darth-Apple - June 17th, 2020

Here, people fly at 90-100MPH in the left lane. If you're in the left lane, you better be flying. If you're in the right, expect to go 65.

There is a lot of going back and forth between the right and left lanes. 65 is too slow, and 100 is too fast.

RE: Speed limits - Thomas - June 18th, 2020

Speed limits should be outlawed

RE: Speed limits - Darth-Apple - June 22nd, 2020

(June 18th, 2020 at 2:27 PM)Thomas Wrote: Speed limits should be outlawed

Speed limits are good urban areas. If there is a road with houses, schools, and kids on it, 35 is a reasonable limit. On highways, completely different story, I agree. The rest of the world is SO jealous of your country's highways @tc4me Finna

RE: Speed limits - tc4me - June 22nd, 2020

Prohibiting speeding on highways is a bit nonsensical. What was the highway built for? to drive slowly from a to b? Huh